Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAIN Anyone?

RAIN Anyone?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just wondering if anyone will be participating in RAIN (Ride Across Indiana), Saturday, July 16th? I hope to participate some day (just started riding summer 2004, 30 miles is my farthest so far), but until then I will continue to run sag support for my husband and some of his riding buddies.

Funny, that is the same weekend that I will be ridng across Michigan. I know some people from my club do the Indaina Ride and say it is really nice. Maybe next year.

I'm doing it. Great ride. Last year was my first attempt. I made 131/158 and I intend to conquer this year.

I've done the RAIN ride for the past 3 (4?) years.
    Not sure if I'll do it in '05...I'd kind of like to try something new!

Myself and a friend are going to try it this year. Have you ever looked at the finish times? Pretty impressive.

Some of the times are very impressive! To me just attempting it is impressive!

Like I said, hopefully someday, but for now I just enjoy going and cheering everyone else on while running sag support for my husband and his friends. What hotel will some of you's be staying at? We will be staying at the Fairfield Inn again, it's right behind the Drury Inn where registration is held.

Anyone else doing this ride? I would love to meet up with other TE people if possible prior to the ride! I'll be arriving on Friday early afternoon.

Susan

Not participating in the ride, as stated earlier, I am running SAG support. We plan on arriving Friday afternoon as well and taking in some of the Friday night entertainment, the bike expo in downtown and the Twilight Criterium race. Sounds like fun!

There's a bike expo downtown? ... I just rechecked the site. I totally didn't realize this was happening. I'm glad you mentioned it because I would've missed it.

Thanks,
    Susan

I'm doing RAIN also, it's my first year. I've done RAGBRAI twice and am doing that again this year. I want to do STP (seattle to portland) next year if I survive RAIN. I did a 124 mile training ride a couple weekends ago, so I think I'm ready. We're arriving Friday, probably early evening. Going to watch the crits and have a nice carb-laden dinner!
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

I so admire all of you that are doing RAIN, to even attempt is awesome! I hope one day to attempt it, until then I will enjoy watching the ride and providing sag support. I will be in a 2000 Ford Explorer, lic # FAX237, if you see me please stop and say HI, or if you need anything I would be more than happy to help out. I wish all of you a happy and safe ride Saturday and may the wind be at your back!

I so admire all of you that are doing RAIN, to even attempt is awesome! I hope one day to attempt it, until then I will enjoy watching the ride and providing sag support. I will be in a red/burgundy 2000 Ford Explorer, lic # FAX237, if you see me please stop and say HI, or if you need anything I would be more than happy to help out. I wish all of you a happy and safe ride Saturday and may the wind be at your back!

Rhonda - DH's are providing sag support for us. They will be in my friend's vehicle (white Pontiac Aztek). I'll post the license when she arrives at my house Thursday night. We will arrive sometime Friday midday. I hope to check out the expo. Thanks for the well wishes.

betagirl - I think a 124 mile training ride is awesome. You should be well prepared.

We will also offer support to anyone and especially anyone from TE!

Susan
    Susan

Try not. Do or do not... there is no try.
    Yoda

2004 Airborne WASP (road)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday New World Tourist (commuter)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro/Selle An-Atomica

Well I survived! It took us 10 hours 40 minutes ride time which was an average pace of 14.8 mph. I was quite surprised. We were very fortunate...not a drop of rain on us. The storms were either ahead or behind so we were always between the rain. I hope other RAIN riders did as well!

Susan
    Susan

Try not. Do or do not... there is no try.
    Yoda

2004 Airborne WASP (road)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday New World Tourist (commuter)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro/Selle An-Atomica

Way to go Susan!

I finished #249 at 9:38. My total time in the saddle was 8:35. I didn't stay long at the rest stops, lunch was probably the longest so I could scarf down a turkey sandwich

I got rained on about mile 125 - 135. It was actually a welcome relief considering how soupy it was out there. I don't know if you saw me out on the road, but I was the woman in the Google jersey I was able to hang onto the front group about 20 miles before getting dropped at 30mph. I was like you all are nuts. I averaged about 18.5mph over the whole ride. It was a great ride.
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"