Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAIN Anyone?

To disable ads, please log-in.

betagirl... Awesome ride and I did see a Google Jersey! I was #990. I had on the Terry Sun Goddess Jersey (bought right here on te). I ride an Airborne W.A.S.P. I can't believe the speed some of the riders do especially for that distance! We only stopped to exchange beverage bottles & restroom.
    Susan

Try not. Do or do not... there is no try.
    Yoda

2004 Airborne WASP (road)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday New World Tourist (commuter)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro/Selle An-Atomica

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I saw you or not. That jersey does look familiar. I was on a blue Lemond Zurich. I couldn't believe how fast those guys took off. My friend went with them and I didn't see him until the end. We were at the front of the start line at the beginning. He finished in 7 hours and 50 minutes, #60 overall. I was like you're CRAZY. He's certainly a talented rider and I knew he'd take off. A couple other guys I went with finhed about half an hour before me. I was able to make some friends along the way. Basically I rode with groups til I got spit out the back, then took a break to recover. Repeat. I kept passing and getting passed by the same group of like 30 guys. The jersey certainly was a hit There was one stretch after lunch when I ran out of gatorade 5 miles out of the rest stop. I was like eh I can make it, then I saw that climb. I was like oh that's flippin great I didn't see a ton of women on the ride. Seemed like about 10% of the riders. Did you have the same impression?
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

Not many women indeed! My fanny flag number was #990 I don't have clue what finisher number I was! I didn't ask and they didn't say. I posted some photos on Yahoo! I hope that link works! I shared to the world so there should be no restrictions.
    Susan

Try not. Do or do not... there is no try.
    Yoda

2004 Airborne WASP (road)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday New World Tourist (commuter)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro/Selle An-Atomica

Betagirl & Susan - Congrats to both of you, GREAT job!!!! Don't recall seeing either of the jerseys, apparently one of the guys in my husbands group did though, this is a line from his re-cap of the RAIN "Our stop for lunch break was way longer than I cared for, and I continued to see people pass or leave that we as a group had passed at least twice now. I’ve seen the girl with the cool Google jersey 3 times now." I couldn't believe it when I read that line!! Again, congrats to both of you, you should both be very proud of yourselves!

LOL! That's hilarious. There were several guys I saw all day. I probably rode with your husband's group for a period of time. Too funny. I didn't stop long at the stops, so I think it was a matter of them passing me on the road, me catching up on the stop and getting moving before they did. Repeat. I had 1 guy say to me "ya know we've gone back and forth all day...what's your name?" Wonder if that was your hubby's friend. He was wearing a plain blue jersey.
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

kinda a late post...

Just thought I'd chip in...I decided to join my rabid-cyclist hubby on next year's RAIN ride after seeing a very large lady cross the finish line. I weigh 200lbs and was afraid to mount a bike for fear that lil ole seat would disappear up my crack. But if she could do it, I can at least try. So far haven't gone more than 30 miles, but if I manage to get back from Louisiana in time (I'm a nurse, they need help) I hope to complete my first organized ride with the Indy Zoo this month. 62 miles...wish me luck!

anichols:

GOOD LUCK!!!

I know I was surprised with all the different shapes and sizes I saw a long the ride, it is great inspiration! I too am not a small gal so I'm a little self conscious when I go the organized rides. I just keep thinking if I keep this up I will get smaller slowly!

Congrats on the 30 miles, that's an accomplishment, 33.5 is the farthest I've gone so far. And again GOOD LUCK on the 62 mile ride, you can do it!!

It's awesome your going to Louisiana to help out, God Bless and safe travels.