Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Doody View Post
    Have y'all been watching the weather forecasts? It's crazy! It changes daily from rain to sun for all 4 days. I'm counting on the sunny days. I look at accuweather. Maybe I should try a different site. Won't be long now!!!!
    Yep, been spending too much time on accuweather myself. But, the weather is crazy in the south this time of year. Sunday we rode in shorts in short sleeves, Tuesday we had snow, Wednesday morning it was 29 degrees and I wore my warm tights to run, this morning I ran in shorts and a short-sleeved shirt, and this afternoon we had torrential rain and tornado warnings.

I've just decided that I can't control the weather, and we're going no matter what. If it rains, we'll all get wet together!

We're going to start packing this weekend. Fortunately, I kept my list from last year, so I know what to throw in a bag. Tonight we're rewrapping my handlebars, and tomorrow or Sunday we'll clean and lube bikes. Let's say a prayer for good weather!

KB

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay

What Fun!

Cycle Zydeco was a wonderful ride. I really enjoyed it, and I enjoyed meeting Aint Doody and kaybee, too! The riding was great (flat!), the food was amazing as expected, the music was delightful, and the weather worked out, at least for those of us not camping (right, kaybee?!)

And we got in 200 miles for the week, too!

It was fun--even in the downpour in a tent! That was pretty amazing & scary! Tulip & Kaybee, y'all don't know what you missed------fortunately!

My friend in New Iberia gave me a newspaper that had a story. Look in the advertiser -- I think it's just theadvertiser.com, but I'm at a library in Memphis, TN right now and am not sure. Anyway there are some pictures from the 1st day. Search for cycle zydeco. There is a picture of Tulip and her hunk of a fellow. (I think he looks like Richard Gere.) Also one picture has Kaybee and me. I only know it's us because of where we were standing that morning--we are just dots.

I had such a great time visiting with y'all. Thanks to TE, we have gotten to be friends.

I'll be back home on Fri. afternoon. Rode my Bike Fri. here to the library in Memphis from Momma's house. I hate to get back to reality tomorrow!!
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Here are pictures of the TE people at Cycle Zydeco. This one is Tulip and me at the finish of the ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4180024 01(2).jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	9143  
    Last edited by Aint Doody; 04-26-2009 at 06:30 AM.

Some more pictures......

Here are more pictures. I sorta goofed up on the first post. The first picture in this post is Kaybee and her husband. The second is Kaybee and me. The last one is a really fun lady from FL who uses her bottle cages for other beverages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4160004.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	9154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4160005.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	9155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4170020.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	9156  

Great photos! Thanks for posting them.

I'd love to do this ride next year, and I have a question about camping: was it noisy at night? I'm okay with camping but I need my sleep. Groups of folks having fun do tend to make noise.

Pam

The only night noises were traffic and thunder. The traffic noise wasn't bad, and I could have camped further from that. As for the thunder -- I don't know what I could have done about that! Earplugs work well. The partying was not in the camping area.

There was also gymn camping. I don't know how noisy that was. Those of us in the tents were very quiet.

It's really a great ride. Just sign up really fast.