Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apparel

Angry Apparel

To disable ads, please log-in.

Having trouble finding "highly visible" women's clothing. I've given up on shorts and go all black (How come the guys get all the bright color block?) and buy guy's jerseys in small. Most women's stuff is mauve, blue, green, or goofy flowers. None of it the kind of stuff that a driver in a car would notice. Any thoughts?
    norsk roadie

Assos

Assos do a nice womens range, I just bought a pair of their shorts (but I just got them delivered this morning, so haven't tried them out.) Looks like great technology though, and they come in yellow, blue and red, with matching tops. Their website is www.assos.com and they have distributors all over the world.

Thumbs up I second that....

norsk - I agree with you - the guys have the good colors!

I would LOVE to find a true neon pink shirt (I have one that is close!), or even the color block shirts in the Nashbar catalog (men's of course!)...

I have a lot up top, if you know what I mean, so men's shirts don't even come close to fitting .....

I don't want "cornflower blue" "sunset yellow" or "strawberry pink" - I want hi-viz yellow, screaming orange, rocket red (and anything in neon pink (true neon, not just fuschia!) or neon orange!!!
    All who joy would win must share it -- happiness was born a twin. (Byron)

Talking apparel

Thanks for the tip on Assos - also just found veloware.com who carries women's shorts in 8 (!!!) different colors including some highly visible red and yellow - now to find the the jerseys as we start in on the darker half of the year!!
    norsk roadie

storm?

Norsk Roadie - I see you're in Connecticut... How did you fare in the storm? DH & I have a friend up there that works for the power company - he was out awfully late trying to restore power to folks......

Apparel

Norske Roadie...

I've recently (Aug) begun commuting by bike to work. With winter on it's way to the PNW, I was looking for brightly colored clothes that didn't cost an arm-and-a-leg and also fit a size 14 (and busty) gal.

I've had luck with performancebike.com. They've got good prices and you can join their "club" to earn an add'l 10% off. Right now, they have their Illuminite clothing on some good discounts.

Good luck! ...R

Canari has some nice wind and water resistant jackets. The women's colors were a purple and a dark blue - what were they thinking? I really liked the purple - it would have matched our purpleen tandem nicely. The men's line had a nice bright yellow, that I got in a small from REI online since the stores don't seem to carry small sizes. My hubby went with a Pearl Izumi Flash that has reflector stuff built into it - color screaming yellow! It didn't fit me as well through waist, was kind of billowy. I like the Canari because the sleeves zip off, so I can some extra venting but still stay dry.

We noticed on the Death Valley Century that bright colors really do a make a difference. We could see riders more than a mile away and the brighter colors really made them stand out.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Screaming neon

I want screaming neon please see me don't hit me colors too, and found womens jerseys so bright they'll burn your retinas at Performance Bike (.com). The colors vary from year to year, but most winters they seem to have a neon long sleeve. Some of the Primal Wear womens stuff is pretty visible, but doesn't fit me. Big boobs and broad shoulders. I also haven't starved off all my muscles so I really don't fit the skinny ideal. I buy a lot of mens jerseys and alter them.

miss liz

Pearl Izumi HI-VIZ YELLOW!!!

my sister and I got lucky this last weekend at her LBS - 2 women's hi-viz yellow Pearl Izumi jerseys on the clearance rack!!! woo hoo!!

(we actually wore matching clothing for our first century ride this past Saturday - haven't done that since we were kids!! (we're twins...))

Ayermails 1 and 2

Don't you love it when that stuff happens! That's so funny. I hope you had a great ride- but I bet you did. The jersey thing sounds so auspicious.

missliz

missliz - we had a WONDERFUL ride!! It took us ALL DAY (7:45 am to 7:30 pm) but it was great!!!!

Serendipitous!
    Thats the word I wanted earlier and couldn't find. Those jerseys were serendipitous!
    Getting the parking spot right in front of the door when you go shopping, that's auspicious.

missliz
    Last edited by missliz; 11-13-2002 at 07:42 PM.

Thumbs up

I have a hot-pink long sleeve jersey that's so bright that if I ride past a herd of animals (cows, horses) it'll stampede them! It is a Tommaso, made in Italy, mens, but fits me ok. I've had it for years, so I don't know if they still make them. It actually got to the point that I stopped wearing it past a certain horse ranch because I was afraid a horse would get hurt and I would get sued for spooking it!

I keep looking for neon pink (not hot pink, there's a difference... ) , but everyone I've seen with them has gotten them "years ago" , haven't found one yet but one day....

I use the term "Hot Pink" ("hot" was the term used for fluorescent colors during the Peter Max days of the late '60s), because to me, being a chemist, "neon" can only mean one color and that is the orange that you see in true neon signs. (When neon is excited by electricity it can only glow one visible color and that is orange; other colors that you see in so-called "neon" signs are actually produced by other gases such as argon). But anywayyyy... that jersey of mine is about the brightest pink that pink can be. I haven't tried a fluorescent light on it but it must be fluorescent; it hurts your eyes to look at it, which must be why the animals hate it. It's awesome!