Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: PNW Tri Novices

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    Does this mean that I'll start getting email from you at strange hours again? I kinda missed that about your new schedule. I used to wake up in the morning to an email written at 1:30 AM thinking WTF. Until I remembered that you were maybe working.
    Yeah. I'll be back to being me I am not a day person no matter how hard I try. Waking up early makes me braindead and out of sorts. I'd much rather go to bed 3-4am and wake up by 10-11am then exercise then go to work. Only 7 more days to wake up early...the clock IS ticking!

I will RSVP for the Thurs Danskin clinic. I will drive as fast as traffic will let me and if anyone has any parking wisdom, I would gladly accept it!

Colby, too bad you can't come. Would be nice to meet you!

Tried on a wetsuit today for the first time ever

So...now that my consulting report is turned in, I can start paying attention to Danskin stuff. Today I did my swim things:

Tried on a Blue Seventy wetsuit. Worked reasonably well. Glad I don't have to put it ON during a transition. Came home and ordered a different one, though, that I think will fit better. But at least I now know I CAN find a wetsuit that fits! Yay. Big hump to get over.

I went local-pool-touring. The place I used to go some years ago shut down this past winter. Went to three community pools and was bowled over by the lovely setting of the third and farthest away one. Luckily I think I'll be able to get there midday now, because it's on an after-work rush hour route. Wow! It's in a state park, and one wall of the pool house is glass and opens onto the park.

Monday: the running shoe store. It's all starting to move along now...Yahoo! I'm an excited newbie.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Super Jock-n-Jill at Greenlake is the *best* running shoe store I've found.
    (much better than Seattle Running Company, but I'll be diplomatic about it)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

<snort> Yup, Knott, Super J & J is where I'm going. Heard universal praise about them.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

After you visit Super J+J, you can walk down the block to Title 9.

Oooooh, Title 9.....

I intend to be there tomorrow. I liiiiiiiike Title 9. (so does Trek420) http://www.titlenine.com/
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

And actually I DO plan to then go to Title 9. The vet tech I met at ACCES last week is in some 6-week class that Title 9 is sponsoring for people who don't like to run--all ages and types, she said. I want to ask if they're going to run it again--sounds like fun.

Mission Number Two---done!

Boy, were you guys right about Super Jock N Jill. I said, "Here's what you need to know about me: Doing the Danskin tri in August. Have never run. Bike good--have ridden 2000-3000 miles for the last few years. Am 70 pounds overweight now. Used to be a dancer, so please don't think I am coming from eating jumbo bags of chips on the couch all my life. Thought I would walk the run for the Danskin, and maybe I will, but I also might get bored walking, so may pursue a couch-to-5 K kind of training program. Have intermittent plantar fascitis in left foot. Please help me get the right pair of shoes." They were great. We spent an hour and a half being fitted there (two of us). So now I have good shoes.

Then we DID go to Title Nine. And for those who want to know, they have a running group on Tuesday nights that is for people who don't really like to run. They do a six-week cycle, so will be starting a new one in about two weeks. I plan to try it. They said they would send me a little shpiel about it when they were ready and that I could post it on TE. They were delightful--really enthused, really nice.

Mission 3--drawing up a training schedule.

Yeeha! What the heck. Why not?

Can you give me a town that's near Columbia River Gorge, so I can Google how far of a drive it is?

The 26 is the weekend before my HIM. I guess I should be tapering, whatever that means. And Bowling for Soup is playing at one of the county fairs. BFS versus TE Tri Chicks weekend. It's a tough call.

V.

I used Hood River to get an idea. It's an 11 hour drive. I wonder if there is anyone in the Bay Area who would like to go up for a weekend...
    Last edited by Veronica; 06-02-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: post google maps
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I think Wahine lives in or right near White Salmon.

Salsa, you are pretty much there Let me know if 'n when you're ever in the mood to OW swim though my wetsuit is sleeveless and it still feels cold out. Who knows...you might end up liking running. I never thought I would and I really do now. In fact, I prefer running to the other tri disciplines right now.

V, you will be there for the weekend? That is fantastic

I LOOOOVE Title 9. If the fates were to tell me I had to spend $1,000 there, I would have no problem. Unfortunately, these fates don't appear to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post

V, you will be there for the weekend? That is fantastic
    I have to run it by the man first. He's a big Bowling for Soup fan and it's their only concert date in CA this year.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Teigyr, I thought we were going to start playing the lottery...if only I could convince myself to do it.

As soon as I get this wetsuit I am ready for an OWS, and I will PM you.

What I really liked most about Title Nine was how INTO it they were--that is, the running group thing. They were just so ENTHUSED and encouraging.

Title 9 is about the only catalog I keep and just keep drooling over. I "hate" their models though. Real people aren't suppose to look that good. I think they must not sleep to have time to do all the things they do.

V.

TandemHearts.com

V - Hood River is very close. It's where I work. White Salmon is where I live and is directly across the river from HR. An 11 hour drive is about right. DH and I have done the drive from here to Stockton (his parents live there), we stay off of I5 as much as possible and it takes us about 12 hours. I'd love to have you here but it is a lot of driving.

Salsa - Whooooooo hooooooo..... It sounds like you're seriously getting the bug.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I'll be on summer vacation so I've got the time. It's an intriguing idea. I wonder how much gas will cost by then...

V.

TandemHearts.com