Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: PNW Tri Novices

To disable ads, please log-in.

Wahine, you are a doll.

I can do either weekend, so if it works, would be happy to switch so you can crew the 19th-20th. I am, like, 100% sure, barring the totally unforeseen event, that I will come.

Dex?? "Sort of" fell down?? You OK? You and I can just walk that run, you know...not to worry.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    Dex?? "Sort of" fell down?? You OK? You and I can just walk that run, you know...not to worry.
    I'm just the biggest klutz ever, really. I tripped over a metal cable that was used to anchor an electric or telephone pole on a sidewalk, twisted my knee and then went down hard on the edge of the curb. I managed to keep most of my skin, but the bruising and swelling was kind of hideous for a few days. The best part was that I was on my way into a meeting with an ad agency for some freelance work. I think the obvious tears in my eyes, and the ice I requested, really worked to get me some sympathy points when I walked in.

At this point, I'm definitely going to have to walk. I had almost gotten myself up to short bursts of slow running, but I don't see that happening again soon. I'm thinking it may be in my best interest to buy some body armor to put on whenever I leave the house, just for the injury prevention. Heh.

Wahine, thanks for putting this together!

I'm more than 80% sure that I could make either of those weekends.

Dex, that sounds like quite a stinger. If you're walking, I'll probably be keeping you company. I haven't run since injuring my back two years ago. I think my body has forgotten how.

Wahine, you are awesome.

We're shift bidding on friday so I'll know my schedule for the summer. Am keeping my fingers crossed for weekends but we will see....once I know my schedule and if it conflicts with this, I'll see if I can work around it somehow.

So in essence, I know nothing right now

I do know, work scheduling aside, that probably the 26/27 is better though we're free both weekends. We have plans on the 18th (a friday) that will get us home Very Late that night.

I checked through my non-office work schedule and both weekends are good in that regard.

So it's official. I have agreed to crew for a RAO hopeful. That means we move the Tri weekend back to July 26-27. I hope there'll still be lots of takers.

Just to remind you all that I have room in my house for several people, I have one king sized bed in a very large room, a bench in the living room that doubles as sleeping space for 2 and plenty of floor space. There is also lots of room to set up tents outside, or for vehicles in the driveway.

This way I'll also have tons of great stories from the RAO weekend to share.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I might be able to come... only possible factor, a friend of mine is due August 3rd, and if she's early, I might be on assistant baby duty. It's within driving distance for me and sounds like fun. Learning is good.

I have major cold feet about doing the tri. I think I'd rather volunteer and crew it.

But I'm trying to keep an open mind... maybe I will anyway.

Colby - re: your title; shiny! Sigh, I really liked Firefly.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Knott - coming to the informal training camp is a perfect way to get rid of the cold feet. Even if you don't race you should come. It's going to be totally low key and we'll make it fun, promise.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Colby - re: your title; shiny! Sigh, I really liked Firefly.
    I skip the "what happens next in the movie" part when I say it. It's been windy here lately, I actually find myself saying it out loud to relax. Such a nerd.

(We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming)

I have marked the dates in my calendar I also will be off fri-sun for the summer with a 3:30pm start time on monday. The thought of not waking up early makes me very very happy

Wahine, I can't believe how busy you are and how much you are helping us. I'm sure it'll be fun and really informative! Please let me know what I can do or anything you need.

For the Danskin folk here, is anyone going to go to one of the seminars next week? It's on Weds in Lynnwood, Thurs in Seattle (both at REI's) then somewhere else later in the month.

Yes, hopefully!

Teigyr: I'm hoping to hit the Thursday night's seminar. Working Mon-Wed night so those are out. If not, I may go to the one on the 26th which is at the Columbia Center in downtown Seattle.

Are you going to one? Anyone else?
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Thursday is at the Seattle REI, right? I get off work at 5:45pm so the question would be if I can get from SeaTac to there in a timely fashion. I could do either and Seattle would probably be easier.

After the 7th, my new bid starts. Same days off (fri-sun) but my new hours are 3:30pm - 2am so that other thursday is out.

Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post
    After the 7th, my new bid starts. Same days off (fri-sun) but my new hours are 3:30pm - 2am ....
    Does this mean that I'll start getting email from you at strange hours again? I kinda missed that about your new schedule. I used to wake up in the morning to an email written at 1:30 AM thinking WTF. Until I remembered that you were maybe working.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I'm going to the June 5/Thursday one at THE TEMPLE (aka REI).
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Wish I could go, but I'm too far to drive in the middle of the week. Last year and the year before they had one on a Saturday, which worked a lot better for me... flew (or drove) out on a Friday, hung out with my mother in law at the seminar, then flew home on Sunday. Danskin is the one thing my mother in law and I do "together" (well, we do other things, but this is the one thing that's Just Us - she only had 2 boys, so I'm sort of the daughter, but not really good at the girl stuff).

It's fun to kick off your training or get wrapped up in it a little bit, and if you want something signed or to meet Sally, she'll be there. Also, if you have any friends who didn't sign up and you want to draft in, it's a REALLY good way to get them in (first timers are effectively "guaranteed" a spot by attending a seminar). I've tried every year in vain to get people to join me...

Also, I can always use an excuse to go to REI... especially THE REI.