Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Got my New Bianchi!

To disable ads, please log-in.

This is my first road bike since I quit riding in 1991...

WOW, she is great! I did my first ride today, a short 20 miles on rolling/flat to start the "body break in" process and fit feels really good. My LBS did a really great job fitting me to the bike.
    I had a computer installed that has cadence. Any advise on what a good cadence is.... high/low/average?

Not sure what to call her yet, I'll need more bonding time. Suggestions welcome.
    Just had to share... (took the photo at our frame shop, I'll get a better one with me riding)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5694.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	5582  
    Sally
    LIVE, PLAY, EAT, SLEEP, REPEAT

Awesome Bike!! I remember when my older brother was looking at bikes. I think he checked out a Bianchi at one point. This was back in the 70's and I think they just had the lime green color. Now at least there are choices

I had a ten year lay off until two years ago. I pulled out my 70's Fugi and started riding it. Then I found out about today's techology and ended up with a Look 555 and Ultegra components. I thought I died and went to heaven. Perhaps you feel the same way.

Congratulations again. May you have many happy miles togerther!

Red Rock

Thanks Red Rock
    Yes, I tried to ride my old Vitus and it was terrible. I have been riding a mountain Bike around town, but it's not the same.
    The new technology really does make a difference!! I need all the advantage I can get.
    Sally

i wish you many happy miles on your lovely Bianchi!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Very cool! She looks like a Francesca to me.

That is a beautiful Bianchi. I've been riding a Bianchi for about three years now and just love mine. I hope you have many happy and safe miles together.
    "It's not how old you are, it's how you are old."
    SandyLS TeamTE BIANCHISTA

What a beauty! I think cadence is somewhat personal. My cadence is not working, but I know I will get very different feeling and result from staying where my husband rides. And Lance Armstrong's was much different than Jan Ullrich. You get the idea. I think 80-90 is where my husband thinks mine should be.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Congratulations! Very nice bike.

Thanks to everyone for checking in on my new ride.

Aggie, I hold my cadence over 60, average is 69, feel pretty comfortable in that range for now. I'll try to boost to 70, but 90 no way unless its a downhill
    I'll search the forum for cadence threads... would be interesting to know what others try for, or feel it doesn't matter.

I'll see you on the roads, and be lurking here to get your valuable insights.
    Sally

I just had to jump in and say: oooooohhhh prettttty biiiiike (insert drooling smiley here)

Congrats Harley, I hope you have many long happy miles with her!

Gorgeous!!!!!! I LOVE the white.

Is that a C2C?

ETA: would love some specs. and, are those standard shifters...or short reach?
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Yes, I LOVE the pearl white. She is a 50cm C2C Via Nirone 7, triple butted aluminum alloy frame; Carbon/kevlar forks and stays"K-vid Kevlar technology absorbs vibration in both frame and fork"; Long distance geometry... Ultegra shifters and rear/ 105 front; FSA Gossamer MegaExpo (that sounds impressive) compact crankset 50/34. 11/27 10spd rear,soon to be changed to a 28. Ultegra clipless, Selle lady gel saddle... The one it came with was pretty,white, narrow my LBS gave me a credit toward the Selle, which I'm not totally sold on, but will give it a little time.
    They are not short reach brake levers, kind of wish they were. It is a bit of a stretch... The bars are "wing bars" flat on top, which is really comfortable.

the ride is really smooth, not to stiff, not too soft, just right! Waiting for the weather to get above 40 to take another ride.
    Sally

Congratulations! That is one beautiful bike.

KB

Awww!

What a beauty!

I support the Francesca idea, she does indeed look like a Francesca.
    Think orange. Earn success.

Hmmm, Francesca, she does look like a Francesca...I was thinking Pearl.
    I'll try both out on my next bonding ride.

Maybe an italian name, whatever that may be
    Sally