Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

update on Lorelei.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Not much has changed. I wish i could post she is doing better but nothing has changed. They are going to see this new Doctor on thursday. Hopefully he will have some insite on all this and why this little girl is not holding onto any fat. She is so skinny now she looks like and old lady at 3.
    She is normal in every way except for she has lost all the fat in her little body. She is not in pain. She plays normal, eats normal, everything normal except that one thing. I will let you all know what the new Doc says.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Wow. Thank you for keeping us updated Brandi. I'm sending her a whole new batch of butterflies to keep her protected! I'm also sending some to the medical team so they can find the answer *and* the solution.

Big hugs,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

I hope they can find an answer soon. Maybe the new doctor will be able to fix this. At least she is not in pain and can do all the normal kid things. I'm so sorry you and your family have to go through all of this, it must be very stressful.

My mom used to tell me that when I was born, weighing in at a bit over 9 lbs , a friend who came to visit burst into tears. Her own little girl, then a year old, was smaller, developing ok otherwise, but just couldn't put on weight. Well, they finally worked out that she couldn't drink milk. Once they figured out what she could and couldn't eat her health improved and she grew like a weed. Let's hope this new doc comes up with a solution for your little niece as well, and quick!
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

I am really hoping it is something like gluten or milk. That would be wonderful! And we could get some weight back on her. I will wait to post when we have all the test done and stuff. I feel like i have made you all go on this roller coaster ride with me.
    She had a wonderful 3rd birthday last week. They went to disney Land. She loves it there!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    I feel like i have made you all go on this roller coaster ride with me.
    I don't know about the rest of the folks here, but nobody can make me go on any roller coaster if I don't choose to go!

I'll be thinking of you all...let us know!
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Another thought. Sometimes a dramatic weight loss means you've also lost a lot of trace minerals that you need for digestion. So then you have trouble putting weight back on. Has your sister consulted a nutritionist?
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Brandi - not much to say other than we're here for you. Here's hoping that the Docs can come up with an answer. At least Lorelei seems to be comfortable, is able to play and all that.
    Beth

thinking good thoughts for your whole family!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I hope the new doctor can pinpoint the problem and get her on the road to recovery. She is one brave little cookie and I'll bet she'll bounce back in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck on Wheels View Post
    Another thought. Sometimes a dramatic weight loss means you've also lost a lot of trace minerals that you need for digestion. So then you have trouble putting weight back on. Has your sister consulted a nutritionist?
    Yea they have. They have changed stuff that she is eating but it is still not working.

Thanks everyone! I will pass it on to them!

::just a note to let you know I'm still thinking about her, your sister and you::
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I am really on edge today! I HOPE WITH ALL MY HEART they have a REAL answer for my family today! Please all your strongest prayers (whoever and however) for an answer pleeaassee!

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I don't know about the rest of the folks here, but nobody can make me go on any roller coaster if I don't choose to go!

I'll be thinking of you all...let us know!
    Thank you! (humbly bowing my head with thanks to all)