Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shorty-shorts?

To disable ads, please log-in.

The P.I. sugar shorts have a 4 inch seam & the attack shorts have a 5 inch seam. The sugar shorts are 6 panels & don't look like the padding is all that great, but the attack shorts are 8 panels & more substantial. The best part - TE has the attack shorts on sale @ 20% off! The bad part -they only have L and XL left. If L or XL is your size - they are a great deal.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama
    The P.I. sugar shorts have a 4 inch seam & the attack shorts have a 5 inch seam. The sugar shorts are 6 panels & don't look like the padding is all that great, but the attack shorts are 8 panels & more substantial. The best part - TE has the attack shorts on sale @ 20% off! The bad part -they only have L and XL left. If L or XL is your size - they are a great deal.
    I have both. The attack shorts are great and tons of padding but the sugar shorts are wonderful too. The padding is thin for those who like it that way or as I mentioned in my other note, an hour in spin class. Plus for those worried about the sausage look where the elastic hits the leg, PI's elastics are gentle.

I'm with Irulan. I have heard men rave about women in lycra. I've never heard them complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by doc
    Plus for those worried about the sausage look where the elastic hits the leg, PI's elastics are gentle.
    "the sausage look".

Is that better or worse than "inner thigh flab"?

~Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan
    from what I hear from the guys, they like the rear view of lycra, and you can be assured they aren't looking at knees.....

~I
    So true.
    Women are waaay more critical of their bodies than men are...

Men are pretty much just happy if you are female and on a bike!

Quote Originally Posted by pedalfaster
    So true.
    Women are waaay more critical of their bodies than men are...

Men are pretty much just happy if you are female and on a bike!
    I have a good joke to go along with that:

How to win over a woman: Wine her, dine her, tell her you love her, tell her she's beautiful, meet her parents, socialize with her brother, surprise her with silly gifts, look deep into her eyes, cry with her, do something you hate just because you know she loves it, etc etc etc

How to win over a man: Show up naked, bring wings, don't block the TV

Donna Shorts....

While everyone is on the topic of shorts.....I was casting about for a new pair and saw the Donna shorts for $150 Has anyone tried these? Are they worth the gold?

Regarding the rear view conversation: we polled the men on our ride yesterday and there was a general consensus that they weren't looking at the backs of our knees. They were too gentlemanly to describe what they were looking at but they were willing to say what they weren't looking at!

Unfortunately, the men I ride with aren't so, ahem, charitable.
    Racer snobs!

Perhaps I just need to find a new riding group....

Have they checked out women racers lately? They aren't 0% body fat. They may be lean but they aren't anorexic either. Plus, if you get too lean you don't jiggle where they want you to jiggle. Tell them to grow up, learn to both appreciate real women and manners. I also ride with racers but only the courteous ones. They should save their lack of manners for the race course. Yeah, find a better class of friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    I also ride with racers but only the courteous ones. They should save their lack of manners for the race course. Yeah, find a better class of friend.
    Meow! I'm gonna tell them you said that

Courteous Racers, is that like Jumbo Shrimp?

Food fight!

Seriously, I'll keep da' boys, warts and all. I kinda feel like the fly on the men's locker room wall. I don't always like what I hear, but it sure keeps life interesting!