Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yeah, but our talented, resourceful TE'ers could customize it further...maybe "the Rolling _____" instead?

I LIKE the gravity jersey!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Are you wearing these DURING the tri? Isn't it hot in August?

(I know I'm just planning to wear a tank top or tri top and shorts myself. I'd be waaay too hot in a jersey unless it was less than 70 degrees...)
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by kelownagirl View Post
    Are you wearing these DURING the tri? Isn't it hot in August?
    could be hot, could be chilly. The tri is over by lunchtime, so the long sleeves might be peachy. (and I burn in like 15 minutes flat, so I like longsleeves anyway)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Yeah I suppose it could be a lot cooler in Seattle than the Okanagan in August. In fact, it was quite cool and rainy at ours last year. Hope it doesn't rain this year - there were a lot of bike wipeouts. I do NOT need that...
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

I'm really diggin' this one. And cheap. http://alertshirt.com/cycsweat.html
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I propose that we make our second tri group meeting in front of a computer doing the ultimate jersey hunt! It would be a wild melange of "hey, look over there; I like that one.." "No, not THAT one---how about THIS ONE with the picture of Flight of the Conchords doing David Bowie..." "Hey, THIS one is cool..." etc. We'd have a blast. Maybe we'd make a personal visit to Susan for assistance....

Too bad we don't have enough AV jersies to go around. Or might we be able to collect/borrow enough?
    Last edited by salsabike; 03-31-2008 at 08:52 PM.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Team Estrogen Hill Slug jersey. http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=23089

Or that Harlot jersey.

Or the Alert Shirt.

Or just go nekkid. (april fool!)
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 04-01-2008 at 05:07 AM.

Talking Slow Fat Triathlete

I completely and wholeheartedly agree on the review of the Slow Fat Trathlete book. I bought it before I did my first tri and it truly inspired me to just go for it. It also gave me lots of good pointers for things such as the transitions. I just recently re-read the book just for motivation. And now I've loaned it out to a friend. It's sooooooo.....REAL.

I have a request--for those in the running know, I would like a recommendation for a really good local running shoe store. By good, I specifically mean, does a very careful and expert fitting job. Thanks.

Super Jock and Jill in Greenlake. By far the best I've dealt with. Any problems, go back and they will make it right.

Definitely Super Jock and Jill. My PT sent me there, and sometimes they do complimentary consults there as well. I've been happy with my purchases there. They've even said you need to try them out for a few days, walk/run outside to test them out, and you can STILL bring them back if you're not happy. I probably tried out six pairs of shoes the last time I was there to make sure I had the right amount of fit & support, and never felt rushed or pressured.

I'll third Super Jock 'n Jill. Super helpful, very patient, and a great return policy. Also, one night a week they have podiatrists and physical therapists in the store to answer any questions you might have beyond the salesperson's expertise. But, even the really young looking salespeople seem to possess tons of knowledge...at least, that was my experience.

Their website: http://www.superjocknjill.com/

REMEMBER - - MEET UP - - THIS WEEKEND

Any Takers for the training meet up scheduled for this weekend??
    I'll be wearing a pale pink hat.
    - Holli

OKAY Lets meet up!!

When: Saturday April 5th at 10:00 am

Where: Lake Forest Park Starbucks, outside
    on Bothell Highway, on the outside road edge of the Third Place Books Shopping Center
    17039 NE Bothell Way

Lets meet and chat over coffee or tea. Then perhaps go for a light jog (~30 minutes) together on the Burke Gillman Trail, which is right across the street.

Sound Good?
    - HOlli

I'll be there. Dunno what I'll be wearing.

I hope I'll be wearing something....