Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Neck/Clavicle issue

To disable ads, please log-in.

Umm hope someone can help me with this. I don't quite get why my left side keeps bothering me. It's been a while since my off & i thought that with all the exercises (home based & supervised @ the pilates studio) i've been doing, it(it=clavicle, left shoulder, neck etc-that whole region) all would be stable.

I often get short sharp pains in the front of my neck but it doesn't hinder my daily routine. If i carry something the wrong way, I pay for it the next day.

I tried bilateral breathing @ our swim session today & I couldn't do more than 50m.

ARGH..RGHGH..

I have a sports massage booked tonight, I can always tell them and then the pilates folks tomorrow.

This is ridiculous!

CC - you have an unstable joint there between your collarbone and your sternum. As long as the Docs say you're stable and you should continue with activity, keep plugging away. But this could easily take up to a year to completely scar up and stabilize so that it doesn't get irritated with certain activities. And activities that consistently give you sharper pain should be avoided because you will start to compensate somewhere else and end up with a sore shoulder or something. If it's an ache and you know you're holding form through your stroke (ask a knowledgeable person to watch you) then go ahead and keep doing it, it may actually help things along.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

thanks

Wahine,

Thanks again for explaining it all to me. I've not seen a doc in a while about this particular area and can't be bothered as it's not urgent. They've never told me how stable it is.

I'd rather get help from the trained follks @ my pilates studio.

My theory is i'll swim until it starts to really hurt and then rest. I just won't carry anything like a backpack for a while.

thanks
    C