Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yea, I was feeling grumpy riding home last night and then oh, ever so maligned 'cause my friends' grandkids were at the house and gosh, I wanted to go in and have a pity party but good grief, four boys aged 3-11... I heard myself answer "No, I'm not going to show you how it works now," and then figured that was just silly, that I could entertain these guys for a few minutes and get 'em excited about a bicycle. And then I went in and confirmed that my silly computer is still belly up, so I couldn't journal out my poor pathetic self, and anyway I do this chat every Wednesday which I had to do on the slow computer in Pete's office, and... and... sent a venting email about it to my guy 'cause he knows the details of my not-too-much-longer domestic tribulations (end of this semester) and I just sort of phrased things in a way (and he *is* verbal and picks up subtleties, except when he doesn't) to imply that yes, I'd resigned myself to spinsterhood, as it were but that I'd have a nice red bike to ride in the morning that would get people smiling at me, and I'd need to get tubes for the tires 'cause I'd forgotten.

But I never did get the pity party, which is better for the world anyway

... but this mornign I woke up and the universe was still basically decent for me. I just felt better. And since I've made a point to remind myself not to build castles in the air, there was only a little shanty shack that had crumbled. I rode in early and got in a few extra miles (Okay! I also want to catch up with HOward again... he's got 500 miles on me but that's about what he had on me last year...) spinning that cute little red thing. So I sent out another email saying equilibrium had been restored and that welp, I'd figured out a plan of attack for the other Looming THing which is grants ending in the fall and that at least I knew I could travel lightly.

Went down to the LBS to get tubes for the thing. OF course the guys gathered 'round to ask about it (it's the first folder they've sold), and we chatted... and out comes my guy and is ever so solicitous & goes & gets the tubes for me and checked the tyre pressure... but in that "we're special friends" way (and rang me up at wholesale, not retail).

I'll get my lemonaid when it's the right tiem for lemonaid

Snork.... you know that bluegrass song about...

To make a medium story short, this a.m.'s email to me and another person about a family gathering for Easter and birthdays.
    The person being spoken to so tenderly Wednesday was his sister, just like in the bluegrass song.
    Oh! and it's H-405, tho' the weather channel says Howard will have fantabulous weather this week so I expect to lose a little ground to that self-employed can-ride-in-the-middle-of-the-workday cad ... but I *have* already suggested some pre-season bike rides to that certain someone...

(and unlike the 'tragic romance' song, he - whether he knew what he was doing or not - made sure I knew who she was.)
    Last edited by Geonz; 03-23-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Welp, just to bring this topic back to this thread... thanks for the thoughts that have oh, thinned out some of my barriers and let me consider that it might be easier to get through mine and use the momentum to break down somebody else's then it is to try to simply wave harder from the other side of the wall and say "climb over! climb over!"