Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Suggestions for MTB rides in Seattle area?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm coming up for a couple of days and I'm planning on bringing my mountain bike. I'm going to be doing the local skills class on Sunday, but I'll have several hours free on Monday, and I'd like to get a ride in.

Any suggestions for a good place to ride during this rainy season? I'd like to find someplace within about an hour drive of Bellevue. I know from experience how useful local knowlege is, so any advice would be appreciated.
    I don't crash so much anymore (less blood on the trail), so just call me Stephanie

I'll tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than any one thing in the world. I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood. ~ Susan B. Anthony

ima I would check with this group:

http://www.seattlelunachix.com/

or

http://www.bbtc.org/recreation/calen...ype=B&view=all

If your skills group is through BBTC, then you will probably be at St. Edwards Park where many like to ride. I took the beginner skills class through BBTC a couple years ago. Have fun.
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton

Thanks!

I'll have to keep an eye on the team Luna website. I hadn't seen it before.

I did sign up for the BBTC class. I haven't been doing much technical riding yet this season because of trail conditions, so even if it's a bit below my level it'll be fun to do some technical play and meet some other riders. Get my feet "wet" again, so to speak. And I'll get familiar with at least one trail in the area, so money well spent.

There aren't any group rides scheduled for my "off" day (Monday), or even on the weekend really because of the Bike Expo, so I'll probably be doing my own thing during the day on Monday. If I need to I'll just drop in at a LBS on the weekend and try to get a suggested ride from them. I'd love to get back to Seattle some time and ride with the Luna group though. That sounds like fun.
    I don't crash so much anymore (less blood on the trail), so just call me Stephanie

I'll tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than any one thing in the world. I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood. ~ Susan B. Anthony

In the Seattle PI today was an article in "getaway" magazine about extreme MTB lessons. If anyone wants it, they can have my copy. I'm not sure it's online (but it probably is)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Great article! My man's been hearing a lot about the Colonnade, probably on MTBR forums. He really wants me to go check it out, but I'm not interested in going to a skills park on my own. I wonder if Simon's free for a private lesson, for cheap