Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: israel

israel

To disable ads, please log-in.

i have just signed up to go to israel with Freewheeling Adventures this coming November...i am so excited. Anybody from 'round there with suggestions? I have a few days before the tour begins and a day or so at the end....

margo

Umm our Israel contingent hasn't been round lately. Margo49 is the one you want to contact about Israel.

hmm..anyone seen her lately?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    hmm..anyone seen her lately?
    Paging Margo to the "Places To Ride" thread
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

what a wonderful network. hopefully margo will respond! Kay

Quote Originally Posted by kpokla View Post
    i have just signed up to go to israel with Freewheeling Adventures this coming November...i am so excited. Anybody from 'round there with suggestions? I have a few days before the tour begins and a day or so at the end....
    My father, and many other family members are Israeli and I have spent alot of time there..although 1995 was the last time I was there.

Of course you must see Jerusalem, both the old and new cities...and take a day trip out to Masada. There is a nature preserve on the way out to Masada that is amazing...and I'm blanking out on the name...but it's very cool to find this waterfall in a green cove right above an arid landscape.
    I love the north...Safed, Haifa, the Galilee.
    Tel Aviv is a very modern "big city" on the beach...

It almost doesn't matter where you go...it is a country of such profound dichotomy...physically, spiritually, culturally...and because it's so small, you can encounter practically the entire spectrum on a any given day. And it's ALWAYS interesting!

I hope Margo appears...It's been a while for me.

In any case...I'm jealous! and you're pretty much guaranteed to have an amazing trip.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

We went in 2000, and I kept thinking that it would have been great to be riding or hiking there. The countryside up by Galilea was gorgeous. I also liked the area by the Red Sea -- we stayed in Eliat, which was a really upscale resort town. And the road down to the Dead Sea looked like fun. Coming up back might be a bit of a challenge, though!
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

i think I get to fly from Eilat back to Tel Aviv...so most of the riding will be fun versus work! I like the insights you all are giving me as I have never, ever been to that part of the world before....I am told November is a great time to be there as the weather is "just right!" any suggestions for affordable B&B's in Tel Aviv and must visit cafe's or the like? kay

Thumbs up Israel - November - Awsome!

I am new to this list and live near Tel Aviv. With so many great places to go here, I wouldn't even know where to begin. TA has lots of hostels of varying quality and plenty of proper hotels. And cafes are all over, each one with its own ambiance.

The place near Masada with the water fall is probably Ein Gedi - definitely beautiful and worth visiting, as is Masada. And there is so much more.

Where to stay and what to do depends on what you like - desert, green mountains, modern and ancient cities, Dead Sea spas and Mediterranean beaches, nite clubs and retreats, well, you get the idea. No matter what you choose, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

I am happy to try to provide more specific info; send me a message.

darn, wish i had checked this earlier today! I will send a message. We are even going to spend a night with Beduins! k