Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Allay saddle

Allay saddle

To disable ads, please log-in.

I bought an Allay sport saddle to put on the trainer bike because the saddle my spouse put on there was causing major chafing, The Allay is very T-shaped. I used it for the first time today and so far so good. Will let you know if that holds up over time...
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Where did you find it? I've not found an on-line dealer that actually seemed to sell it (e.g., Nashbar doesn't sell by width and an Amazon retailer didn't specify by type). My LBS thought he could order it (he is a Topeak dealer), but hasn't succeeded. I've been drooling over the pictures for a while as it looks T-shaped and might actually "get out of the way" where I'd rather not have saddle.

Eagerly anticipating your extended review!

I know nothing about this seller (or the saddles, for that matter) but they seem to have all the various types:

http://stores.ebay.com/Crosslake-Sal...13975QQfrsrcZ1

Salsa, very interesting! What model do you have? That site that Beane linked to has a bunch of them! I'm also intrigued with the T-shape.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

I got the Sport Large, since Chris and I are trying to share the trainer and he likes a not-too-narrow seat. AND since the T-shape doesn't change, there seemed to be no advantage to going narrower. I got it through Amazon from Crosslake Sales (at half price, too)--but if you check Amazon now, it says all Allays are currently unavailable. Not sure why. I got it promptly, well packed, got just what I ordered, so Crosslake did fine.

Truthfully, I won't consider it to be fully tested until it's had a 50-mile ride outside. But this is a good way to start, anyway.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I know this might be a weird question to try to answer in a detailed way, but I am curious if and how it feels different from a regular saddle?
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

It absolutely does, because of the T. No chafing between the legs or at the bottom of the butt. Otherwise, though, it feels like a saddle. So it's not VASTLY different, just so far different in the lack-of-chafing part. It's not different like the SMP Strike, which really feels different than a normal saddle.

Is this making any sense?

I think I deleted my pic of the Serfas Niva (pear shape) vs the Brooks B67 (T-shape). Anybody who gets the panty-line or bottom-of-the-butt chafing will know the difference *real* well!

Minimal padding T-shaped saddles with narrow noses are my friends... I'm gonna have to look into the Allay!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Salsa, that does make sense, and sounds like I need to try one.