Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

brenda,
    really great to meet you and ride a little with you. we kept meeting up with that faster group then drifting back when we couldnt hold that pace. they were fast, eh? all in all i thought it was a great ride, very flat with mostly favorable winds!
    hope to see youall (plus alex, plus denise?) at the desert classic.
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

Yeah, it was great to meet you and ride for a little ways together. I had to stop and adjust my saddle at the first sag. We rode with a few guys for a while, but I kept having to adjust every so often. I think I stopped for my saddle 6 times, but I got it figured out by the end. I got the new saddle a while ago but have been screwing with it on almost every ride. I am sure I got it right now!! (until the next ride)

We had fun anyways, can't believe how FLAT it is down there! I needed that kickstart in the morning and it was nice to have some help with the wind! We won't be doing the classic cuz hubby has taken off to many Sat already and they are very shorthanded as it is. We are looking at doing the Luna ride Memorial weekend if he can get it off.

Brenda

Desert Classic Ride Report

Wind. Wind. Some more wind. Windy. Wind. Wind. I don't believe I ever had a tailwind. The crosswind was so bad, I almost got blown off my bike several times.

The "metric" was actually closer to 70 miles, but that didn't bother me.

We did a big part of the ride on a frontage road and on some streets with lots of traffic and traffic lights.

The socks are cute, and the post-ride pizza lunch was very tasty.

I only wanted to get off my bike and throw it into oncoming traffic about 5 or 6 times. Did I mention it was windy out there?

The folks at the rest stops were terrific.

I saw PinkBike briefly. Pink, did you do the century?

Having experienced the wind on Saturday, I could really empathize with the IMAZ folks on Sunday. They had a vicious headwind heading east on the bike course, but at least they had a 30+ tailwind on the return. I saw my DH in classic aero position screaming by on the downhill of bike lap #3.

Alex

alex, good to meet you!!

oh yeh that wind sucked! we decided on the metric when we saw the wind in the forecast. after battling the headwinds forever - finally when we turned onto Cave Creek Road we just flew in. i reached 40+ mph on that one downhill that was newly paved. it was so nice to have the headwinds at the beginning and then the tailwinds at the end. we did the picacho peak century one year and had nasty headwinds the whole final 35 miles!

sunday we did our 35 mile church commute, coming home we rode right into the IronMan bicycle ride for about 2 miles, I felt so bad for them with that wind! i wouldnt want to be riding 116 miles at 11 mph which is what we were doing into the wind saturday.

anyway, i really enjoyed the ride saturday, even tho it took 5 hours. i had to stop at the first sag stop and adjust my seat. ouch.

the pizza and salad was a real nice treat at the end!
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly