Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

New Weight Loss Challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

Fresh off the winning losers from this week, I'd like to offer up the newest challenge.

I think that the % of body weight lost in the next 8 weeks is an excellent way to go.

For all of you who don't want to stop weighing in and checking in with everyone else, here we go. We'll start this Friday (March 1) with our beginning weights.

See, everyone gets a fresh start!

I don't have any great ideas for a prize... anyone out there with good ideas? For me it's always about the food or coffee, but perhaps there is something more appropriate to have as a reward!

AGain, you can register as non-reward or reward challenge. If you don't want to have to get a prize for the winner (or don't care about getting one if you are the winner), then register as a NON-reward challenger.

I'll make an attempt to do a graph or table for us all to see each week.
    Weigh-in reports on Friday; hopefully report will be ready sometime on Mondays for everyone.

Thanks all... good to have each other for motivation!
    Jes
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

So, is today weigh-in day? Or Monday?
    Anyways, I'm in the challenge again as I have yet to reach my goal weight (150) :-)

Today's weight: 179.6

I'm still in. I woke up Wednesday night with some sort of gastrointestinal bug that kept me sidelined and in bed yesterday. I'm feeling a bit better but still a little ooky about eating. But crackers and bread get old quickly!

I weighed yesterday (thinking it was Friday) and today (realizing it was Friday) and I'm 146.2. I'm guessing that's a bit low from being sick, so we'll see what it is next week.

My long-term goal is 130.

I'll try to think of a good prize. I'm not sure if I want to do reward or non-reward this time.

Hope everyone had a good week!

I will do the non reward challenge in light of the fact that leaving for Hawaii lies in the middle of the challenge (in 8 days) and I won't be packing my scale!

I am 152 on the knot.

I am stoked. My goal weight is about 148. I got down to 145 about a year ago and had people tell me that I looked sick and scrawny. I will "try on" 148. Hopefully I will get there this challenge.

Bring on the bikini!!

I am definitely in! And if there is a competition, I am in for that too - it helps me to stay motivated.

I have no problem with sending out another water bottle to the winner. I think that works well.

I am slow and steady - after the first challenge, I had lost 2.5 pounds. After the second challenge, I lost another 2.1 pounds.

I even lost .5 pounds between when the last challenge ended and this one started.

I like the downward trend, so that is my goal again this time - to keep on going down!

My weight today - 141.7

Lynette

Excellent ladies! Here we go again.
    As of this am, I am at 176.4.
    Fridays are weigh ins.
    Sounds like the suggestion was another water bottle. So be sure to let me know if you are in for reward or not.
    I'm in for reward this time.

Flybye: How did you manage addresses? Just see who wins, and then give everyone there address? Is that ok with all? (PM of course... no public announcements!)

Will get us a chart on Monday
    Jes

I'm in again. Starting weight is 139.5 and bodyfat is at 31%. Hope to do better this go 'round. I've got to stay motivated. I'd love to see my weight down to 130 and/or bodyfat at 27%

Kerry

How about biking socks?

Flybye through out the idea of biking socks to the winner! What do you all think? I think that sounds like fun.

Am in again, too, but not for a reward. I'll report my weight and body fat percentage tomorrow morning, as I don't like the numbers this morning. My weight has jumped all over the place lately and I've not been exercising because of bronchitis, but am so happy to start a new challenge. My weight even fluctuates according to where I place my scale. Go figure.

I am so in on this one. I need some motivation to get these last few pounds off. I will have to weigh in when I get home though as I did not weigh myself this morning. If any of you are interested, I have created a challenge on the nikerunning.com website but you must have the Nike+ iPod chip. If you do and would like to participate, visit this site. It is for TE members only.

http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?l...nges,955170597
    Unity is strength. Knowledge is power. Attitude is everything.

To join or not to join!

I am on the fence. I did not do well at all at the last one.....I will have to report a Saturday AM weight as I did not weigh in today (if I am in the game again)....I'll mull it over. Right now I am feeling stuffed...I kinda over ate at lunch. (Can't wait to see the scale in the AM!) I started the week out so good, counting my WW points. Lastly I need to find out where to send my water bottle....did I miss getting email.
    katluvr

Hi Katluvr! Join us... who cares how you did last time... that isn't what it's about! It's just having a little more motivation. Sat am is fine!

I think that the last person just checked in this morning on the last challenge. Flybye will PM everyone where to send the water bottles to the winner! I hope she's thirsty!

Jes

Hi Ladies,

I am new to the forum and would love to join as a reward participant on this weight loss challenge. This is just what I need to get off the winter weight. Today's weight 117.8 goal weight 110

Hey guys!

Count me in again...but for the no reward challenge this time. My starting weight is 165.2 (this was Wednesday's weight before my scale was packed away on the moving truck!!).

I have to be 'no reward' as we are driving across the country this week and I won't have my scale for the next weigh in. I *should* have it by week 2 though!

jesvetmed - I'd be happy to keep doing the chart if you'd like. By week 2, we'll be more settled and I should be able to be more 'timely' in my postings. If you'd rather do it yourself (or if you'd like me to email mine to you), I'm ok with that too. Just send me a PM and be patient on replies as my computer access over the next 7 days will be sporatic at best.

Yay! I'm glad we are doing this again!!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

GLC:
    Funny.... I read your post as I was making the chart! Done already so don't worry about it.. but thanks for the offer! Have a good, safe trip out to the west coast! Check in when you arrive!
    Jes