Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Please do! I think this is great motivation. :-) I guess it's a good thing I weighed in today. I've been 175 for about 6 weeks now.
    Last edited by Di bear; 03-15-2008 at 06:18 PM.

Great job everyone! I had to catch up on post reading, but glad to see everyone keeping healthy and hopes of a speedy recovery for those of you who are still sick.

I'm one of those 4ft. 11in gals, so yes my weight seems low, but like others said, it's different when you're short.

I'm at 115.5 today, trying to continue to keep going down!

Keep it up everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by jesvetmed View Post
    DiBear: We usually weigh in on Friday... ish.
    Whatever works best for everyone. Shall we add you to the list?

KG: Sure... think you're getting a week off????... TAKE ME!!!
    Have fun and enjoy whatever you EAT!

Jes
    I am on Spring Break for two weeks! Hubby and I are going on a week long 'honeymoon' to celebrate our first anniversary. I do plan to run while I'm gone. We're taking our mountain bikes too but it'll probably rain the whole time. We will hike in the coastal rainforest, walk on the beach, eat seafood, and snuggle by the fireplace in our lovely B&B. Yeah baby.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Have fun on your vacation, KG!

Just curious, what is everyone doing to try and lose weight? Weight Watchers, portion control, counting calories? I think I have tried them all!

KG: Great fun. When do we leave?
    Seriously.. have a really great time. Sounds WONDERFUL. I love the coast of BC.

DiBear: I'll get you on the listing. New "chart" will be out sometime tomorrow to eveyone.

Bambu: I'm not entirely sure what everyone is doing -- seems like everyone has their own thing. I just am working on portion control; smaller more frequent meals, and LESS JUNK! Lots of working out, so huge amounts of dieting aren't good. Besides, I do NOT diet well!!!!

Maybe some others can elaborate on their own plans????

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all. Happy Vacation KG!
    Jes
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

After the disaster before Christmas, where I ate comfort food non stop, I have started to lose weight again. I have lost about 8 pounds in the last couple weeks. I know that sounds like alot, but I am doing the Atkins induction thing for a bit to get started. It really drops the initial weight and gets me off the sugar craving thing. I will do it another week and then just eat sensibly and well. I actually gained 13 lbs over Christmas due to a very traumatic death in the family and being basically sequested in a beach house with a large grieving family and all the neighbor's cookies, cakes and cassaroles! At any rate, I am back on track and working out hard for a 22K trail run in May. I keep seeing the arthritis med commercial that says that every pound on your body is like 4 lbs of pressure on your knees....

Laura
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

Thought this was interesting...

"The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by bambu101 View Post
    Just curious, what is everyone doing to try and lose weight? Weight Watchers, portion control, counting calories? I think I have tried them all!
    Well, I have really been having trouble lately. This morning I signed up for My Food Diary (dot com of course!).

The one thing I have a little trouble with is their estimation of calories burned. But, I think, especially for the cyling activities, that I will just choose a little lower intensity than they say. For instance, I might choose:

Cycling, 12-14 mph if I actually did a faster ride.
    or
    Cycling, 14-16 mph if I was doing a long, hard, strenuous climb (at 10 actual mph).

I don't know...I'm going to see how it goes. I need something fresh.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    When I lost alot of weight last year, I cut out my morning Starbucks stop. That was probably 1000 calories between the Grande Triple Latte and the "muffin," which is really just cake. I opted for tea and cereal with banana.

The other change I made was that I ADDED food--FRUIT! I added fruit to my lunch, and I made sure to eat an apple a day, usually during my mid-morning slump (which became less slumpish after I cut out the sugary stuff). Dinners pretty much remained the same, but they were pretty healthy anyways. I think adding fruit made a big difference.

I also upped my pilates intensity and frequency. It seemed to really make a difference in my shape.

When I lost alot of weight last year, I cut out my morning Starbucks stop.
    That is SO drastic!!!!
    I usually will only go as far as getting nonfat with no or sugar-free flavor. But GIVE IT UP!?!?!? Can't do it!

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by jesvetmed View Post
    That is SO drastic!!!!
    I usually will only go as far as getting nonfat with no or sugar-free flavor. But GIVE IT UP!?!?!? Can't do it!
    20 lbs., and $120 a month. Size 12 to size 6. Worth it.

I'm a very happy (and svelte) tea drinker now.
    Last edited by tulip; 03-17-2008 at 05:08 PM.

Tulip, that's great that you made that change. And congrats on the weight loss accomplishment! I never would have thought I could give up caffeinated coffee, but slowly it just happened. And I feel better now without it.

For the past few months I've been experimenting with an intuitive eating approach. It hasn't helped me lose any weight but I've stayed almost exactly the same for quite awhile now. It's good, but frustrating because I want to be losing right now. I've played with counting calories but it hasn't stuck, yet. I think I'll have to be a bit more strict with what I eat for a bit to actually lose. And up my exercise.

Tulip: Yes, congratulations! You really made it happen -- 6 dress sizes is amazing! You are so right about the cost and calories spent at the coffee shop. The very reason I've cut back. I admire those that don't need the caffeine. I use the excuse of the night work and trying to be "awake" at odd times. But the fact is, I REALLY enjoy the hot cup of joe! My doc said the same thing as Firenze: Some day you just won't need it any more. That will probably be true.

Firenze: It sounds like you are really taking the healthy choice way of eating. That is wonderful. It will pay off tremendously in many ways, and will eventually lead to the weight loss you want.

Everyone here at TE is truly amazing and excellent motivation us all. Keep up the good work.
    Jes

3/14 Chart

Attached is the updated chart for 3/14/08 weights. Way to go Motochik!!! You are in the lead for most % of body weight lost!
    I sorted it by the total % lost. If I don't have a weight for you, I might have missed it or couldn't find one posted. You can let me know and I'll update it, or just weigh in at this week's ending.
    THANKS ALL!!! Have a good rest of the week!
    Jes

PS... Have to share.. I got on the scale this morning, and found that I have FINALLY hit 170!!!! That is a total of 11lb down since I started in January. Phew! Thought I'd never get there. My promise to myself was a Massage, so I am SO looking forward to collecting on that. AND.. I think I'm going to by a pair of jeans today. Mine are TOO BIG!!!!!

15 pounds to go! Thanks for all the motivation everyone!!!!!
    Jes
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi all- Well the good news is I haven't gained anything! Didn't lose either. foo-wee. Maybe I won't be any good at this challenge? I'll give it a couple more weeks. Really cold and gray here. Giving the blahs!