Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Since we've been in Portland (Friday afternoon), I've been better.
    GLC:

WELCOME TO THE NORTHWEST!!!!!
    Hope you and all your stuff made it in one piece.

Jes
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

OK, so I've seen one person weighing 116 and another weighing 118.
    Unless you're four feet tall, why do you want to lose weight?
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

why I want to lose weight at 118lbs.

Good question. On a tall day I'm 5'1. Three years ago before I met my husband I was 108-110. Since falling into the comforts of marriage and getting lazy with my diet I had gained 12 - 15 pounds. I have taken some of the weight off, but if you can imagine 10lbs is a lot of weight on a small person. I want to get back to a more comfortable weight, but mostly I just want to be more consistent with healthy eating.

I am only 4'10". I currenlty weigh between 117 and 120...depending on the contant flucuation. I was truly 99 pounds in my younger years. Even then I was not fully toned and had some "fat". I reached a max of 140 pounds. I know for many people 120 - 140 is "ideal". Not if you are barely at or over 5 feet tall. Even at 120 pounds AND riding AND strength training my % body fat is 30% (not good) my BMI is just now 25-ish (normal). So by no means am I thin or anorexic. When you are short, a little poundage means a lot! Yes, I see folks cringe when I say I need to lose weight but wear a size 6. But then again, I am not even close to average height, why should I be an "average" weight or size? Hope this explains things a bit. I am truly trying to lose weight for body fat%, BMI, health and cuz I see the fat around my tummy! Good luck to everyone! At any size weight lose or keeping it off is a lot of work!
    katluvr

Ah...so you are four feet tall

I'm in the same boat as the other two. It's not so much about weight as it is body fat %age. This time las year I was about 4 lbs heavier and was at 30% body fat. I think that's lower now but I'm not sure how much lower.

I can completely understand why it must be frustrating for us to see ourselves in the same boat as others who might be trying to lose a great deal more weight but at the same time, it's so hard to compare. My original weight of 141 lbs would be a perfectly wonderful weight for many of you who are taller and perhaps larger boned, but on me, it looked and felt awful. Losing 25 lbs from a small frame can be like losing 50lbs on a taller person. Also, it can hard for people to uneerstand that we're not necessarily trying to be skinny 20 year old models - we just want to maintain a healthy body weight.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Thank you for saying this. I am not in the weight loss challenge, but at barely five one, if I gain a pound, I can't button my pants. When I got out of college, I gained weight for the first time in my life. It took me a year to lose 25 lbs. It was long and painful. Us short people have to work twice as hard and long to lose a pound! Thankfully, I have been thin since then, but I had to lose after both my pregnancies (which I exercised through). I am best at 105-107. I tend to get a bit above that in the winter, even with all of the winter sports I do, the gym, etc. nothing keeps me as skinny as cycling.
    I like to eat too much to starve myself, but I do eat very healthy stuff, no junk food, soda, fried food, and rarely have dessert. I do like my piece of dark chocolate almost every night and some wine a couple of times a week, but now I notice even that can push my weight up. I guess I'm going to have to do some major weight training, because I can see this getting just a little more problematic every year as I get older. It doesn't matter if others think I look skinny or if I have acceptable body fat percentage; if I don't stay vigilant, I will be 10 pounds heavier in a flash.

Progress Chart

Hi all.. Think I have almost everyone (except for GLC who likely hasn't unpacked her scale!)

I'll attach it again, and hopefully everyone can open it. If not, I can email it if you need that -- PM me.

I still have four people I am unsure if they are in for a REWARD... biking socks, of course!!!! So if you would like in to receive the reward, or purchase for the winner, let me know! These are the people I don't have yet: jen-jen, kelownagirl, limewave and Starfish.

Thanks all! Good luck this week!
    Jes
    Attached Files Attached Files

No reward for me. Sorry I didn't reply earlier!

Bargain!

i went to Taco Bell tonight and ordered off the Fresco menu. I was really hungry and ordered TWO soft tacos, one steak and one chicken.
    When I used the WW points calculator they only added up to 5 points!

weight

Well, I'm on spring break. I haven't counted a calorie since saturday. I'm trying to be careful to see if I can manage without my notebook. I have ridden almost 70 miles already this week so hopefully they will balance out. I will check my weight thurs to see how it's going. I may be back to the notebook asap.

Kim

Oh... I MISS spring break! Have fun and RELAX!
    Jes

Mine starts on Saturday. DH and I heading to the gulf islands and the the west coast for a week. Then we'll putter around the house and yard for the second week. Sigh...

Urgh. I'm not doing so well. I can't seem to get motivated. I'm trying to eat well but I seem to get so hungry. Maybe it's just because of my period this week. Either way I need some motivation. I really want to lose weight and get fit and strong. I guess I just need to buckle down.

Anyway I weighed this morning just to see where I was and I'm the same as last week. I doubt I'll magically lose anything by tomorrow. But I'll weigh again anyway. I think I just needed to whine about my lack of willpower/motivation.

Maybe I need a more structured plan. . .I don't know.

I hope everyone else is having a successful week, though!

Quote Originally Posted by firenze11 View Post
    I can't seem to get motivated.
    I'm right there with you. I've been wondering if I should pull the plug on this effort for now, because I just don't seem to be doing what I need to in order to lose weight right now. Not exactly not motivated...just not doing what I know I need to do, either in terms of planning/eating, or in terms of setting up motivational triggers like I normally do.

A little frustrated.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury