Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keen sandals

Keen sandals

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anybody tried these?

Just got an email telling me what my REI dividend is and with the 20% coupon I'll have enough to get them. But my feet are picky. I would go to the store and try them on.

There may be better things to blow my div on.

some people love Keen. I found their platform too rigid for my feet.
    They are well made shoes and I sigh every time i see my Orange keens that i can't wear anymore. Do try them.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    some people love Keen. I found their platform too rigid for my feet.
    They are well made shoes and I sigh every time i see my Orange keens that i can't wear anymore. Do try them.
    Mimi, do you not wear a stiff bike shoe?

Also just realized I am not being specific enough. I mean the Commuter Bike sandals:

http://www.rei.com/product/765248?vc...SHP_CYCLING_LD

I just bought a pair of the Keen bike sandals from TE. Although I haven't gone out on any long rides on them yet, so far so good on my trainer. They're pretty comfy.

If I commute in to work tomorrow (15 miles each way), I'll let you know how they work out.

I use Eggbeater pedals & cleats, btw

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    Mimi, do you not wear a stiff bike shoe?

Also just realized I am not being specific enough. I mean the Commuter Bike sandals:

http://www.rei.com/product/765248?vc...SHP_CYCLING_LD
    Yes, I wear SIDI's, but I don't hike in them!
    My feet are rarely too hot, so I have not gotten bike sandals yet. I was just referring to the foot bed in the Keens i have owned. My feet are not flat, just different from the "keen mold" whatever that is. I am very jealous of my girlfriend who CAN wear the keens, they are really cool.

So if they fit well, the ones you are looking at; I can guarantee they are a good shoe.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

I have three pair of Keen summer shoes and one pair or Keen winter boots (I'm wearing them right now). I love Keens and find them incredibly comfortable...that said they can get a little sticky and stinky in the summer.

Electra Townie 7D

I am envious of those of you who can wear Keens. They are always too "high" for me (i.e. there is a lot of room between the top of my foot and the upper of the shoe). But they're really cool.

Mimi, what size are your Keens, if you don't mind my asking? I may be interested if they're the right size.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

honey, no way are your feet as big as mine! These are size 9's, they are a slip on shoe, not a bike shoe.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    I have three pair of Keen summer shoes and one pair or Keen winter boots (I'm wearing them right now). I love Keens and find them incredibly comfortable...that said they can get a little sticky and stinky in the summer.

Same here, Queen - except I have four pair of shoes - no boots. I wear them all the time.
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by IFjane View Post
    Same here, Queen - except I have four pair of shoes - no boots. I wear them all the time.
    I don't know if it gets cold or wet where you live but the Keen Targhee boot is light as a feather and dry dry dry!

Electra Townie 7D

honey, no way are your feet as big as mine! These are size 9's, they are a slip on shoe, not a bike shoe.
    So close! I wear a size 8 in most shoes. Though, I think the Chaco sandals I have are either a size 8.5 or 9. Hmmm... [Rubs chin, lifts left brow] If you are willing to part with the Keens, could you bring them to Knot's so I may try them? Just concerned if they may be wide enough for my hobbit feet.

Oh! oh! I could probably just go to REI and try the ones they have there. That would give me the perfect excuse to try the cycling sandals! 'Course if I do that I may not be able to walk out of there without them.

~ Sg(Whose REI dividend is burning a hole in her pocket. And who can resist the 20% off discount anyway?)tiger
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

I've been doing so well not abusing my credit card of late. Now I'm wanting multiple pairs of Keens.

honey, no way are your feet as big as mine! These are size 9's
    I'm a size 10.

I don't tip over easily in a breeze.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Keens

How are the women's Keen commuter sandals sized. Do they run true to size? I see TE does not carry them in 1/2 sizes but REI does. The size charts on REI and TE seem to differ from one another. I'm usually a 9.5. The only Keens I've owned are flip flops from STP and I really like them. The sandals are on my birthday list.
    "It's not how old you are, it's how you are old."
    SandyLS TeamTE BIANCHISTA