Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Cuz Salsa was asking about making wheat-free scones for the potluck. (I don't want her to go to the trouble if I'm the only non-wheat person there!)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Honey, I just CANNOT bring myself to make something to bring to a potluck that you can't eat. It's just not right. So I will try the pancake flour. Why not? It's good to learn something new. Can I get it at Whole Foods?
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Oh, it's everywhere, especially the small bags! The cheapest I've found is at Fred Meyer. Next cheapest is PCC. Haven't priced it at Whole Foods, but I'm sure it's there, too.

I buy the giant bags at PCC. It has baking soda and baking powder and salt in it all ready, so be careful it doesn't throw off your recipe.

Here's the Scone recipe on the back of the bag, to give you an idea of how they handle the additional baking powder:
    2 1/4 cups Pamela's Mix
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/2 cup currants
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tsp baking powder
    4 tblspn butter
    2/3 cup milk

do the usual thing, bake 375 for 15 minutes, etc etc

I've never tried baking anything else with Pamela's mix, just pancakes. Though I have added it to a really bad pizza crust mix, and the Pamela's improved the pizza crust a gazillion-fold.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

And re: PCC - Knott, did you know that PCC is going to open in the former Albertson's location at Westgate in Edmonds...the sign out front says June, 2008...goodie, goodie!

Oooh, yeah, happy dance!

Trader Joe's was also bidding on the site, I'd be happy with either one!

Hmmm.... would this little get-together be worth a trek up from Portland? You guys sound like so much fun, and I'd love to meet everyone! Am I crazy to consider the drive for just a day? Speaking of which...I have no idea how long the drive is...I guess I should check into that, huh?

I would promise to bring something yummy, of course.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Hmmm.... would this little get-together be worth a trek up from Portland? You guys sound like so much fun, and I'd love to meet everyone! Am I crazy to consider the drive for just a day? Speaking of which...I have no idea how long the drive is...I guess I should check into that, huh?

Not crazy! I go to Portland for day trips here and there.

Portland to Seattle, about 3 hours, depending on traffic, driving style, etc.

Add maybe another 1/2 hour since Knot is a bit north, and maybe another 1/2 hour for being new to the route?

It would be a fun way to meet you!
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post

It's definitely not crazy. In fact I will be driving through PDX to go up and we could carpool up and back from PDX. It would actually simplify things for me because I wouldn't bother staying overnight on Saturday if someone was riding with me on I5. If I don't have company, I'll likely try to stay overnight in Seattle and drive back on Sunday.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    It's definitely not crazy. In fact I will be driving through PDX to go up and we could carpool up and back from PDX. It would actually simplify things for me because I wouldn't bother staying overnight on Saturday if someone was riding with me on I5. If I don't have company, I'll likely try to stay overnight in Seattle and drive back on Sunday.
    Ooh, that might work! Let me make sure that DH will be in town that weekend so that he can watch the dogs for the day. If so, I'm in!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Woooo-hooooooo!

just got back from my Sacramento trip. I'm still in. I'd like to see some more definite times so i know when to come. and Knot, pm me an address perhaps?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

welcome back, Mimi and RD! Great pics too...sure looks/sounds like you had a very fun time.
    I'm in for 3/29 also, but don't know the timing either...? What's the plan, folks? Linda's teaching that day, so, while I won't have any of her homemade culinary treats with me, I promise to bring (as in 'buy it') something yummy, ok?
    Mary

Welcome back Mimi and RD! I saw your pictures at Bike Journal. The roads down there are beautiful. The one (appropriately named "glass") looked like it was smooth as glass!

Looks like good times and a great ride! Mimi, why didn't you bring the weather back with you? We need more sunshine!

Susan, I thought this afternoon was lovely!

and they can keep their hot weather, REALLY!

right now it's nice there; but I'd hate to live somewhere where A/C keeps you alive.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Well, there's this alleycat race at 3:27pm. I'm thinking we do our thing around lunchtime so folks can eat potluck and still get downtown to the alleycat if they want.

How about 11:00-2:00 ish?

Anybody have a problem with those times? How 'bout you folks coming up from PDX area?

TrickyTiger is up for leading a sweet little ride from my place to the beach for anyone who would rather do that than go to the alleycat.

I will send out PM's on how to get to my apartment complex. I'm terribly TERRIBLY disorganized and slow, so if you think I've left you out PM me.