Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: CROC Ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thank y'all for the kudos! It is so much fun for us, too. And how bout that weather?!!!! It was so great being with Susan & Jeff, Sprocket's Mom and her sister, and bikerHen and her sister, and Lilbolt and her new husband. Funny I didn't see too much of them......

I don't know if y'all all got to the Spring Hollow SAG stop, but I found the food there unbelievable--especially the orange sorbet with a kick! And I couldn't get out of the porta-potty for reading all the jokes.

All of us CROC people thought it was a total success. Here's a link to an article in our local paper that I think y'all will enjoy.

http://eastoregonian.com/main.asp?Se...88&TM=46104.09
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

We had yet another outstanding CROC experience. Great riding, fantastic support, and wonderful people! We were the lucky winners of the Pendleton blanket...neither of us is particularly lucky in games of chance, so we were shocked to have the winning ticket. Sorry that I didn't meet all the TE members who were there, but I did have a good time talking to Susan. By the way, did you go for that run after your ride on Sunday? We ended up going to Hamley coffee shop for a great BLT&A. I'll do my best to make up for it this week.

Add my praise to the CROC ride as well. My sister and I had a super + weekend. It was great to meet Susan and Jeff, sorry I didn't connect with Sprocket or Lil Bolt. The weather was much better this year, you were right Susan (Aint Doody) there was no rain, just lots and lots of sunshine! We had a blast at the campground. It's the only way to go. It was an almost perfect weekend. I broke a spoke on my road bike the first day. Luckily I brought my Surly, all 30 pounds of it, to ride up and then a fabulous down on Cabbage Hill! We didn't get to ride the third day because my sister . . . well let's just say she had a couple of blisters in places you REALLY don't want to have blisters!

Our thanks to all the wonderful CROC volunteers for another great weekend! Hope to see you all again next year! bikerHen

Lisa, I hope Melinda's blisters are better. And I hope you get your spoke situation cleared up. Ladies, it was amazing to see bikerHen ride up Cabbage on that bike!

Lilbolt, I didn't realize you won the blanket. Consider it a wedding gift. Congrats!

We're still having perfect weather in Eastern Oregon, but I'm at work--fah!
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Doody View Post
    Lisa, I hope Melinda's blisters are better. And I hope you get your spoke situation cleared up. Ladies, it was amazing to see bikerHen ride up Cabbage on that bike!
    . . . amazingly slow even for me! But that downhill was extra sweeet!!! Took my wheel to the bike shop and they've decided all the spokes need to be replaced. Of course they have to special order the spokes! Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's fixed by June 6th for the Apple Century in Wenatchee. Melinda is keeping her finger crossed the blisters are healed up for the century as well.
    Last edited by bikerHen; 05-28-2009 at 12:26 PM.