Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CROC Ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

Let's do 7 p.m. at the registration table.

I'm Brigitte. French being my first language, I have a hard time distinguishing accents, but I'll look for Susan. And I should recognize Wahine somewhere in there. (Well, maybe.)

Should I wear my tri kit for ya? You'll recognize me then f'sure.

I am soooooooo power psyched about this weekend.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I will be with you guys in "spirit" . . . but I sure wish I could be THERE! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun! And this Memorial Day weekend looks like it's going to be a nice one throughout the northwest!

Everybody will get a stick on name tag. I'll put my real name and then my TE name on mine. We can all do that! So I'll have Susan Kelley "Aint Doody." Ca va, Brigette?

Wahine, I'm glad you're psyched. I can hardly sit still at this minute. I don't get to ride on Sat. because of my SAG stop, but I'll be on the asphalt on Sun. and Mon.

See y'all Fri.!!!!!!

Susan -- "Aint" is the southern pronunciation of aunt
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Doody View Post

Susan -- "Aint" is the southern pronunciation of aunt
    You totally sparked my memory with that. My mom was born and raised in East Texas and she spoke of all her aunts as Aint whatever . . .

I'm not sure we'll be there my 7pm, my sister can't sneak away from work until after 3:30 bikerhen

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Doody View Post
    Everybody will get a stick on name tag. I'll put my real name and then my TE name on mine. We can all do that! So I'll have Susan Kelley "Aint Doody." Ca va, Brigette?
    Awesome!

It's actually Brigitte, like "Breejeet". Since moving to Vancouver I discovered that some people thought that my name was Indian, not French!! Go figure.

I'm still power psyched even though it might rain on us and we're camping. Getting my gear together and DH and I will likely be leaving here at about 1:30. I get to try out my new sleeping bag from REI!! See y'all tonight!!

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Thumbs up

All I have to say is that this is one heck of an event. The staff and volunteers are amazing. The SAGs were unparalleled. We were fed and taken care of like kings and queens!!

Thank you so much to Susan and the CROC crew!!

And to the rest of you.... if you can come to this event do, it is the best organized ride that I have ever been on.

I'll be posting pics later. But now I must sleep.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Thanks for the kind words, Wahine! Y'all should see this girl. She's an amazing cyclists--and pretty cute, too! We did have a great ride. We had BikerHen and her sister, Wahine, Sprockets Mom, Grog, and spouses. Did I leave anybody out?

We work really hard, but it's so very gratifying to see cyclists come to our area and ride our wonderful routes. And we really have fun at our SAG stops. (I'm sorta worried about the picture that's gonna be posted!)

Hope y'all all come back next year. We tend to improve it every year.

We had a great time! Thanks Susan and CROC organizers for a super duper weekend. SAG, food stops, rides and meals were all just perfect. Even riding to the top of cabbage hill in the rain was quite the epic adventure. Although I'm going to have to practice riding over those darn cattle guards. We're already talking about next year! We HAVE to get our number 2 patch! Right? bikerHen

My only suggestion for improvement might be an anti rain dance?
    Last edited by bikerHen; 05-28-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Cool

There's not much I can add in the way of raves for this ride and for all of the volunteers and their outstanding support. Wahine and I talked about it and while I've been on many organized rides some of which are MUCH larger, I have never been on one where I felt so well taken care of. Every SAG the folks greeted us warmly and offered any or all of what they had. The food was incredible!!! It's tough when you can't stop eating at each stop! And we never felt "alone" out there. There were ALWAYS support vehicles driving by, checking on us, cheering us on and making sure all was well. And just when you most needed a hot baked potato at the top of the wettest hill around....there they were! Well done you guys! Couldn't have asked for a more SATISFYING weekend! Any ride that can move me to tears of joy is definately one worth putting down as a regular! Thanks to all!

Finally... some photos

The first photo is of Sprocket's Mom, Me and Aint Doody. The second is a rock formation close to Aint Doody's trailer park trash SAG.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TEGirls.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	6116   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hatrock.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	6117  

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Well, aren't we cute??? With NOOOOOOO idea of what the next day was gonna be like!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!

On that note....

Here are some more photos, including pics of Sprocket's Mom wringing out her socks in the rain on day 2. Yes, it was really raining that hard.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Well, girls, y'all look like real cyclists. I, on the other hand, look like a 2-bit ???!!! It was really fun. I hate to tell y'all, but our club rode up Cabbage Hill yesterday in beautiful sunshine and 60-70 degree temperatures.

I'm so glad that the ride was fun for everybody. There was a smallish article in our local paper. You'd think they would cover it better, but that's our paper. The comment about our White Trash SAG stop was that there were 4 women there dressed in entertaining costumes! How funny! I do hope everybody will come back next year--you know you need that little 2.

Susan (aka Marlene--with Darlene, Charlene, and Karlene at the White Trash Stop)