Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CROC Ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Grog, I look foward to meeting you. Hope you won't mind if we pick your brain about places to ride on Vancouver Island. We're hoping to spend a week this summer riding and camping there. bikerHen

I just filled out my registration form and wrote a check. Must go find an envelope.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Quote Originally Posted by bikerHen View Post
    Hi Grog, I look foward to meeting you. Hope you won't mind if we pick your brain about places to ride on Vancouver Island. We're hoping to spend a week this summer riding and camping there. bikerHen
    I'll try to bring a map!

Bring maps of your favourite rides!!

Oooh, oooh, oooh!!! I've just now taken a look at this thread after getting back from Cycle Zydeco. I'm soooo excited that y'all are all coming. It's gonna be wonderful. Wait til you see our SAG stops! We go all out on those. We may have to have a TE circle or something at registration. I'll keep y'all posted on what's happening in Pendleton. And, yes, the woolen mills is a definite. And you must go to Hamley's--it's a real cowboy store. Even if you don't want to purchase anything, it's fabulous to just see. It's right downtown. And a favorite beer/wine fun place for Fri. night after the opening reception is Great Pacific. Look out! I'll plan every minute of your week-end!! The metric centuries are great rides. The one on Sat. is my favorite ride in the area--no traffic and eye-popping views. OK--I'll shut up--I can go on for far too long. See y'all in May.

Susan
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Talking

Me too! Me too!!! Wahine talked me into coming and I'm trying to drag along another friend who just got a new "steed". This will be fun for me as I lived in Pendleton for awhile back in 1998-99. I really enjoyed my time there and spent lots of time out in the back country due to my job. It will be fun to revisit the nooks and crannys!
    I know about the Great Pacific and can definately agree that it's the place for yummy sandwiches/beer/wine.
    And if the weather is really warm and the pool at the cultural center is busy we can all run over to the community pool/water park complete with slides! Or even head out to the reservoir. Oh boy oh boy!!
    This will be fun to meet other TE gals!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! I'm soooo excited.....

AD- My friend wants a promise that it won't be windy!! Hahahahaha!!! I figure worst case scenario there will be enough of us there for a regular old paceline.
    Do you happen to know how close they are to filling all the spots? I told her to get her registration in ASAP!!!!

Oh, we have only tail winds in Eastern Oregon!!! As of today we have 175, and our limit is 250, but the registrations are starting to come in faster. We were full last year, and our registrar says we're about 20 riders ahead of where we were this time last year. Sooooo--tell her to get on the ball.

If any of y'all are sitting on the fence trying to decide whether or not to come to the CROC, you need to get down off that fence! We're filling up. We have only about 30 spaces left. The weather is improving daily. Don't miss out! Sign up online at www.cyclependleton.com It's a great ride. You can see me at the White Trash SAG Stop where I'll be serving cheese grits and other wonderful delicacies from below the Mason-Dixon Line.

Our registration has closed. We have 250 riders, and the weatherman has promised ideal cycling weather. Surely glad it wasn't last week-end; it was HOT, HOT, HOT!!! It's supposed to be in the 70's for the Memorial Day Week-end! I'll see all y'all who are joining us for this super-fun ride on Fri. I'll be working at the registration table. And if you do the 100 miles the first day, I'll be the platinum-blonde floozy at the White Trash SAG stop at Hat Rock.

Susan--head trashy woman

Should we have a TE banner somewhere? Do we have anyone who has a TE hat or something?

I could wear my Amici Veloci jersey, do you guys have one too?

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Doody View Post
    Surely glad it wasn't last week-end; it was HOT, HOT, HOT!!!
    I'll say. I was crewing for some riders training out in the John Day area.

I think we should make up a TE get together plan. I don't have anything to specifically ID me as TE so we'll have to pick a place to meet or something,
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Let's seeeeeeeee. I'll be checking in people at the regis. desk. I'm brunette with a Southern accent. (That makes me pretty easy to pick out.) Registration/reception goes from 5 until 8 pm. What if we meet at the regis. desk at 7 pm? I would imagine that by then I'd be able to shake free. Or if this fails, we could meet on Sat. evening at the pre-dinner function. Dinner is at 6 pm, but the room will be open at 5 pm, I think. Yeah--this sounds good--let's meet at the bar at 5:30 pm. I'm thinking the bar they will have set up for cyclists in the banquet room--not the lounge.

Anyhow, I'll be at both places. It'll be fun to get to finally meet y'all. I've met Bad JuJu and Harley at other places. I want to see Bikerhen's tattoo in the flesh. She was the inspiration for our croc mascot. Wait til y'all get the cool stuff in the bags. We stuffed them last night. And I'm really pumped up about the weather forecast. I surely hope it holds. It's raining today, which is a good thing.

And y'all will love our SAG stops. Now, if we can just get ODOT to sweep the bike lanes, but that's another long story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Doody View Post
    And if you do the 100 miles the first day, I'll be the platinum-blonde floozy at the White Trash SAG stop at Hat Rock.

Susan--head trashy woman
    Dang! Wish we were doing the hundred! But I think we'll be hard pressed doing the metric ride each day. Maybe you should stay in costume for our meeting in the bar saturday night?

It looks like Eastern Washington is gearing up for it's usual dreary Memorial Day weekend. I'm expecting the sun to be shining in Oregon. We can't leave Spokane until about four. I'm thinking about 3ish hours to get there? Hope we won't miss the party. bikerHen

You should be here before the party ends. It goes til 8 pm. I'll still be there waiting for you! I dunno about wearing my floozy outfit to the dinner. I might do it, but I ain't promisin' nuthin.'

Susan