Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CROC Ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I'm sending the link to my husband in the hopes that we can put this weekend on our schedule!
    That's right! You're around here, now! If we both end up going, we should plan to meet up for at least a hello!
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    That's right! You're around here, now! If we both end up going, we should plan to meet up for at least a hello!
    I would totally love to meet up!

DH has agreed that he'd like to do this ride, too. We've got a bunch of bills to cover, but once we do, our plan is to register! I just hope that we can get this taken care of while there is still space available. I will keep you posted!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I will keep you posted!
    Same here...I might do a trip to CA in April...if I do, I might not do the CROC ride.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

On Sun. I rode my bicycle out to check out the camping area. It's a nice grassy area off to the side of where the RVs park. There are trees there; however, they are pretty small. It's still close to the pool, the building with laundry facilities and showers, and an area with a big fire pit and benches. Should be nice. Come on, y'all--I promise a good time.

Susan
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

So what type of weather should we expect in Eastern Oregon at the end of May?

You can expect sunshine with really cool nights and daytime highs in the upper 60's to 70's. We're on the dry side of the state. However, that said, be prepared for anything! We've only had rain in one CROC in 6 years. But I understand that La Nina is in control and that could mean anything. We've also had some CROCs where it got into the upper 80's one day. But our humidity over here is really low. We're now having our late winter & early spring rain which means it'll be green. You need to come see it green; it's usually beige!
    Tis better to wear out than to rust out....

Quote Originally Posted by Aint Doody View Post
    it's usually beige!
    LOL...I was telling someone recently that when I go on vacation, I aim for white (snow) or beige and brown (sunny). Green = rain, to me.

I start to get cheery when I see brown hills...means I am going to get warm, or at least dry!

I'm going to try to convince DH this weekend that we need to do this. I'm really pumped but I'm not sure what his reaction will be. I think I can make it happen. We'd be camping likely.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I think we'll do the same. We're going to finalize our decision this weekend!

We will also be making our decision this weekend! I don't know if we'll camp or not...it depends on how much of our camping gear actually made it into the right moving boxes. If we've got it, we'll camp too.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    I'm going to try to convince DH this weekend that we need to do this. I'm really pumped but I'm not sure what his reaction will be. I think I can make it happen. We'd be camping likely.
    I sent mine off to look at the web site, and he read it -- and said it sounded like a cool thing to do SOMEYEAR. Like last year, he says "we're not ready" for it. I'd REALLY like to bring him along. It's a beautiful area, and he's never been. I've only had the pleasure of driving through (mandatory stop at the woollen mills) and would love to explore.

I'm pretty sure he'll be stubborn about this "we're not ready" thing -- he grumbles about the hours in the car to ride, and would only be happy riding the big rides after driving all that way to ride... Like there's nothing else to do?

I might have to do this on my own -- but I'd love to include him! (have to work on my inner someone and see if I can talk myself into doing those hills!)

Karen in Boise

Hills

Hey Kano, My sister and I are signed up to go and we are both very hill challenged. There's going to be a lot of inner talking going on when I'm climbing those hills! Something along the lines of what the f--- was I thinking.

We are training as much as possible but I don't think we will be "ready" either. We are planning to do the metric centuries everyday and I figure even I can ride 62 miles in a day. And if I can't? Bring on the SAG wagon!

I'll just be happy to be out in the sunshine riding my bike and enjoying the company, good food and entertainment Aint Doody keeps telling us about. bikerHen

I'm one step closer. DH has agreed but we still have to confirm that we don't have any family obligations that weekend. No family issues = CROC ride.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Same for us, Wahine.

Now I only need to contact them to make sure to somehow confirm a spot, because I'll have to go through the trouble of getting a money order in US dollars...

Ok, we're in.

I'm sending our registration forms and payment tonight. This should be fun.

Looks like we'll be camping.

This will be the start of our vacation. Then we'll drive down towards California for more rides before making our way back up the coast. Suggestions welcome.
    Last edited by Grog; 03-27-2008 at 12:34 PM.