Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley

Smile Do you have a nickname?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Watching the Tour of California and hearing the different nicknames of the club riders, I was wondering........do you have a nickname?

Our little pelaton gave me the nickname of Rabbit, and lately, The Black Widow.

Hey, the guys in my local club call me the Black Widow too! I wasn't sure how to take it....should I be flattered or offended??

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Ha! I'm Thumper. I drive a vw rabbit and I'm fast off the block (and my BF says I have a cute cottontail).

there is a guy on one of my rides who they call DamnIt Man. I was wondering and wondering who damnIt man was and it turns out I've known him for years as Mike.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Brick house

Because I used to be competitive in powerlifting and Olympic style weightlifting... Even though I'm much smaller & leaner now, I'm still muscular and heavy for my size- one day on a training ride, the guys on my team started singing the song, and ever since then, it stuck!
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

ok I don't know why I got this one but I have had it for a long time. Sigh.....ok here it is Nunu Head. Don't ask cuase I don't know why?
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Andrea....I'm still looking for a pic of you on your blog. I am intrigued by your sig line (not being a toothpick myself! )....

No nickname for me here (that I'm aware of). Thank goodness....most of them I'm aware of seem to be born of bad habits.
    - There is a guy who rides with my LBS who has the nickname "Gap", cuz....well, he's (in)famous for letting a gap open up in front of him in a paceline!
    - And another guy we refer to a "Pop" - not because of his paternal nature, but because he'll sprint ahead of everyone at the base of a hill, and then *POP* he blows up (pops) and can't climb, so he soon falls off the back. But come the next hill...there he goes charging to the front again, only to *POP* fall off the back again!!!
    Last edited by 7rider; 02-21-2008 at 10:37 AM. Reason: adding a caveat...
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Used to call a girl Crossover Lina - could never figure out not to cross the chain over. Also, could never ride a straight line!

My DH calls me Blondie - that doesn't have anything to do with biking, though. He also will refer to me as a bomb (babe on mountain bike) or a bob (babe on bike). My Santa Cruz mtb has my online nick on it "the Little B!tch That Could". And a lot of people, including cycling buds, call me "T". These all really beat "Shorty" and "Spaz" that I enjoyed in high school.

Oh, there was a ride we did once when we were in another town and did a ride with a friend of a friend - he was a fit fast climber and *he* called *me* a HammerHead. I *loved* that!

H&B
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

I don't have a nickname per se, but one of my riding buddies and I call each other "Girlsteiner" which is a play off of Gerolsteiner's cycling team. We started using "Girlsteiner" as code for our, um, private parts when we went over a rough patch of road and it morphed from there. Silly, I know but it still cracks us up.

My non cycling nicknames are Kick (which is what I called myself when I was little) and Diddler, which morphed from Katydid (my real name is Kate) when I was in college. Try explaining that one!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    and Diddler, which morphed from Katydid (my real name is Kate) when I was in college. Try explaining that one!
    OK, I wasn't gonna chime in with my embarrassing nickname for the world to see on the web, but after reading that one, mine is nothing!

Captain Lizard. Started out in HS during a stint as captain on a swim team. But, that was when my first nephew was born, and my brother thought it was hilarious. Over the years, he taught all four of his kids to call me that.

Once, on the sidewalk in front of their house, one of the kids was about 8, and called, "Goodbye Captain Lizard!" His little friend asked him, "Why do you call her that?" My nephew replied with a puzzled expression, "Because that's her name!" Like, duh!
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Since I dressed up as Pippi Longstocking for halloween everyone's been calling me Pippi or Pip.

Otherwise "trouble" has always followed me through the years. Not the action, but everyone seems to think I am.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    Andrea....I'm still looking for a pic of you on your blog. I am intrigued by your sig line (not being a toothpick myself! )....
    Haha- I've yet to get one up there! All of my photo albums are on Myspace, but you have to be a member on there to view them.
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

Whumpus (or Grumpus, if I'm in a mood)

Our DD nicknames:
    Captain Canoe-Toe and Womper

There is a group in the club known as the Mad Dogs. I'm not officially a Mad Dog but I do participate in the centuries they host throughout the season. Last seaon, shortly after my surgery to remove my hair filled dermoid cyst, when one the Mad Dogs inquired about my surgery. I explained what the doctors found and that my cyst was filled with hair. Upon arriving back our cars I was given the Mad Dog nickname of "Hairball." Each and every time I hear someone shout out "Hi Hairball" I can't help but smile and chuckle.
    Marcie