Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

"Baby doll cut" on jerseys

To disable ads, please log-in.

Can anyone tell me what that means? Does it mean the waist is cinched in and it flares at the hips? I'm always looking for jerseys that have no elastic at the bottom... I have big hips and the creep-up drives me nuts.

II have no idea what baby doll cut means, but 'm with you on the no elastic front - and I'm not sure the size of your hips is the cause of the annoying behavior of jerseys with elastic. I have small hips, and the elastic drives me crazy too.

The jerseys I've been the happiest with are from Shebeest - but you still have to be careful since even some of their jerseys have elastic in the bottom. Their Bellisima jerseys and their Timeout jerseys don't have elastic in the bottoms, and I'm hoping that their SB sleeveless jersey is good too, since I just ordered one (along with a Bellisima short-sleeved jersey), both from Team Estrogen since I'm too lazy to drive to a bike shop!

Here's a link to the cycling jerseys page on the Shebeest web page - there are others there with descriptions that sound like elastic-free bottoms.
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

I love Shebeest for this reason. The S-cut stuff is good as well as the retro cuts. If a jersey is really, really cute and a must have I try to find it on sale and then pay the professional alterations people to shorten the hem and remove the elastic.

why oh why oh why????? do they have to make so many ladies' jerseys with flowers and spirals? why not more PLAIN but pretty colors? (like the plain blue one or the retro or the veloce.. now those are nice!)

baby doll means that it cups the boobs, and then hangs kind of loosely, ususally down over the hips. Think baby doll nighties.

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by caligurl
    why oh why oh why????? do they have to make so many ladies' jerseys with flowers and spirals? why not more PLAIN but pretty colors? (like the plain blue one or the retro or the veloce.. now those are nice!)
    I hear you, I hear you, I hear you! In fact, when on my bike I just wear the singlets/tees I wear at the gym. I mean, I like 'em, they're made out of the same kinds of fabrics as cycling jerseys, and I really don't need the pockets when I've got the Camelbak. Another bonus: much more likely to find something on sale for a decent price. I guess if you're into the form-fitting-lycra thing my way wouldn't suit you, but I prefer to be able to pretend the podgy bits ain't there.

Thanks for the info ladies, and Irulan, thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking it must be like the nightie, but that doesn't sound very comfortable to me, or very aero.

Caligurl... I agree. I just want something that will show up on the road so cars don't hit me. I don't need all those flowers and stuff. I'm thankful that I can wear Blaine's jerseys from his racing days, but a lot of them have elastic at the waist, too. They are pretty bright, though, so I make do.

So far Pace makes some decent jerseys. I have one that is my fav, the replica MTB world champ white with the stripes(kinda hopefull, me being a racer and all ). Yeah I hate that elastic ride up thing too. The pace jerseys at least are long enough that it isn't as noticable.
    Ride it, break it, fixit, ride it...

Just in case anyone is still looking for jerseys without elastic in the bottom - me TE order of Shebeest jerseys arrived over the weekend and I can happily confirm that the SB Sleeveless jersey (also) has no elastic in the hem. I'm a happy gal!
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)