Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Question HiVis Jersey Women

To disable ads, please log-in.

Can anyone tell me how true to size the LL Bean Women's jersey runs? They show an XL as 18-20 on the size chart, which is what I'm wearing these days. The price looks good, and I like the idea of the relaxed fit. I'm just leery as stuff doesn't always fit the way they say it will.

I can't answer the question about LLBean fit, but I think I might go with the hi-viz version of this jersey:

http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/produc...l-STA-WOM.htm#
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

LL Bean will take things back, no questions asked. They make it easy too with a postage paid return label.

I have a size medium cycling jersey from them that fits quite well.

I also have a GE jersey that I really like Starfish. I have the Popsicle, and I've been really happy with the quality of it. I'd get that jersey you're looking at in red, but that's just 'cause it's my favorite color.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I also have a GE jersey that I really like Starfish. I have the Popsicle, and I've been really happy with the quality of it. I'd get that jersey you're looking at in red, but that's just 'cause it's my favorite color. V.
    Hey, that's a nice review V, good to know. Thanks.

If I had to pick a color, it would be the light blue. Alas, soon (I hope) I will be out riding my mountain road with leftover gravel, almost no shoulder, lots of curves, and lots of tourists looking anywhere but at the road ahead. I need hi-viz.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

I have a few of their jerseys, esp the hi-vis type. They fit on me relaxed or close fitting but does not strangle. There are no elastic edges. Some see this as either a pro or con. I usually where a large, and I ordered a large and there has been no problem.

Like V says, they have a great return policy and will work to get the item right for you. I love Bean.

Happy shopping!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I'd get that jersey you're looking at in red, but that's just 'cause it's my favorite color. V.
    PS: Get this...the jersey I found and want is called...wait for it...the Starfish!

I was looking at the screen, and I saw the word Starfish on the side, and I'm thinking...wow, this internet stuff is getting weird...how did they get this?

But no...it is just the model name of the jersey! Weird. I have to get it.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    That is a very flattering design, Starfish. I think you *deserve* a nice jersey like that.

My hubby surprised me with a LL Bean blue/white jersey. I really like the cut and I'm getting used to the single large pocket. However, it does hold odor (polyester, wah!) even on a short ride and I'm disappointed with that. Otherwise, it's a very nice jersey for the money. The yellow version is the same color as the Pearl Izumi Screaming Yellow.

Ge

YAYYY!!! Another ground effect chickie!!!!!

LL Bean jerseys sure are ugly, but my LL Bean one is about the best cut for me that I've found. I don't like elastic waists and I want it to drape over my hips, not hug my waist and hips.

The XL from LL Bean fits me well, the way I want it to. It might be tight on someone who really needs a size 18-20. I'm a 16.

I've been wondering if I could buy some more and put some kind of iron-on transfers on them to make them more tolerable. But I'm guessing the polyester would melt.
    Cycling is the new running.

Visit my blog: http://www.riverofmuscadinespublishing.com/

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    SlowButSteady, I wonder if airbrushing a design would work on the fabric? It's pretty ventilated, but it may take the paint.

That Starfish Ground Effect jersey IS terrific-looking. The cut is really nice. Does anyone have the limelight version? On my desktop screen it yells "Look at me, wooohooo!" but on my laptop screen it's a much more muted yellow-green.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

Quote Originally Posted by KathiCville View Post
    That Starfish Ground Effect jersey IS terrific-looking. The cut is really nice. Does anyone have the limelight version? On my desktop screen it yells "Look at me, wooohooo!" but on my laptop screen it's a much more muted yellow-green.
    Kathi (pretend this is your mother speaking), you MUST clean out your closet before you buy any more cycling stuff! Or.....if you MUST buy something, buy it really big so you can hand it down to Jane....
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL! Caught me red-handed, Jane! I need to lock my credit cards away before I look at any of the apparel or gear-related threads on TE! I just bought a $150 headlight for my bike earlier this week! I bet-ta do a whole lot o'night riding in the next couple of years to justify it! It arrived earlier today. Talk about high-viz! The light is tiny but the beam is so bright that if I aim it to the sky north of town, you'll probably see it at your place on Moonshine Mountain, 40 miles away.

But, seriously, does anyone have this jersey in the green?? Ok, Ok, I promise NOT to buy one, LOL!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

Quote Originally Posted by KathiCville View Post
    But, seriously, does anyone have this jersey in the green?? Ok, Ok, I promise NOT to buy one, LOL!
    I wanted to know the same thing. I emailed them. This is the answer I got, along with the same online picture of the jersey. To me, it looks like a soft yellow rather than a hi-viz neon green. Here is the response I got:

Thanks for your email. Yes it is a Yellowish/Greenie colour the Starfish (just as pictured).... Because it is a Polycotton blend it isn't quite as bright as the Microfibre fabric used in the shell wear. I hope this helps.

I didn't find it too helpful. I'm thinking the jersey is not hi-viz.

thingies

starfish..The Ground Effect jersey is not super duper HI Vis BUT..the logo thing on the front & back plus the line thingies down the arms are very very visibile if a car's following you.

THe shorts are the same.

Give it a shot, you can always send them back!