Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Today I am thankful for the very honest boy in my period 5 class that realized during the test on genetics that I had accidentally copied the answer key with the test. Duh....Everybody had the answers!

Thanks P for bringing it to my attention...

We got a good laugh out of it

I'm glad I kept the dog who I originally said was "not the dog for me". She looks so cute in her little Woolrich coat she makes me smile.
    And for her buddy Gingervitis
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Today I am grateful for my best friend back east, who is funny, wise, cares a lot about others, and is a grown-up.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I am grateful that my physiotherapist said I should work through the problem so I don't have to stop running again!!!!
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Today I am thankful ---

--That I could get a ride in -- outside -- on dry pavement before the winter weather sets in and means I'll be Spinerval Queen for awhile;

--Decently warm feet & hands during said ride;

--Another day off;

--A trio of SLEEPING Golden Retrievers (when puppy [the Holy Terror] wakes up and is ready to rock, look out---stitches? what stitches in me sweet belly? mama, me want to play and wrestle Maeve & Maud, me not want to be calm!)

Last night I wanted hot chocolate, which keeps me awake all night, and turns me into my evile doppleganger. I'm glad I discovered hot milk with sugar and vanilla is really good, without the side effects of chocolate!

I'm so happy today because my mom came and stayed with us last night and will stay over again tonight!! She was so relaxed and happy, we had some wine and had a nice talk, she said she loved being with us. I love my mom!

Electra Townie 7D

Great idea!

I'm thankful today for the pain in my knees, which is my reminder that I have been working hard helping my son get his house ready to sell, which means I have raised someone so responsible so young that he has a house to sell in the first place.

I'm thankful for my bike, which I will go pedal around the block a few times before the rain comes, to help my knees feel better.

I'm thankful for the sunshine streaming in my window, because I know it's not going to last.

Karen

Thursday, I am grateful for---

Our year-round sun room, where I work out with Coach Troy. Warm & dry when it's nasty outside;

My fluffy Patagonia fleece cardigan, which I'm wearing to work today. Its good vibes will hopefully serve as a "anti-Strega shield" during the big meeting I have scheduled today. May it allow me to deflect all of La Strega's backstabbing, nasty ways and prevail over her machinations;

Only six more days, counting today, in this assignment from hell. The light at the end of this tunnel is getting brighter

Yesterday's, really:

I'm grateful for Thai food, and for being able to watch the moon come out of the eclipse.

I'm grateful for the bike racks on our busses, and that so far the weather looks good for multimodal commuting today.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I'm so thankful for a warm home to shelter us from the bitter cold.
    I'm thankful for the support and encouragement of the TE'ers.
    I'm thankful for my health and that I can enjoy the simple pleasures of life.

I am thankful for Peanut starting rehab and starting to become her old self again.
    I am thankful for things freezing over last night so the commute to work was easy because I know the way home is going to be sloppy and wet. I'm also thankful for studded tires.
    I am thankful for my boyfriend helping me through some hard times.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

I am grateful that my Surly and I managed our first multi-modal commute of 2008. And she didn't fall out of the bus's bike rack!

And I'm also VERY grateful that the evening bus driver managed to avoid t-boning the truck who ran the red light in front of us... cuz my bike would've been splattered!

I liked that the driver joked about my bike and the truck over the PA, and that the other bus riders laughed. (and that I had enough composure to joke back... despite my pounding heart and dry mouth and sweaty palms!)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I am infinitely grateful that my mother seems to be getting better and that today she had enough confidence to go to the mall and do a little shopping with my sister. Thank you universe.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS