Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Good Vibes Thread

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm trying to be grateful for at least one thing every day (my quest to be more optimistic). Everyone please join in!! Today's

Fiona's stitches are looking good & she isn't licking them (newly spayed golden retriever puppy extraordinaire)

It's sunny outside and there are some signs of spring, despite the cold (crocuses!!)

I got in a 50 miler--outside--this morning and there was NO ICE.

I don't have to go back to work until Thursday and have only seven (7) more days left in my horrible assignment.

Let's see...

- I am going on a ride this afternoon with a new cycling buddy.
    - The issue with the brakes jumping on the Four-runner ended up being nothing more than a tightly jammed rock. Nothing expensive to have repaired, thank goodness.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

2010 Kelson custom/Brooks B17 Imperial
    2009 Masi/Terry Damselfly
    2004 Specialized Dulce Elite/Terry Damselfly
    2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara/unknown saddle
    1987 Bridgestone 100/Terry Liberator X

Velobambina, I'm grateful for the Craft jacket you sold me a few months ago! It's toasty! I'm still riding!

The sun is coming out here and the crocuses are poking up and it isn't raining.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

My body lets me exercise. For that, I am eternally grateful.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Oh! Great thread! Thanks for starting it and may it go on and on!

Besides being thankful to you, VB, for starting this, one long-term thing: I have a husband whom I love dearly, and who loves me.

And one short-term thing: I'm starting to finally get over this bronchitis, I actually rode the commuter bike to Pilates class this morning and so far I don't feel any worse! Maybe even a little cardio tomorrow I hope I hope I hope!

This may seem odd but my brother, sister and I commenced to cleaning out our mom's house today to sell it.
    I enjoyed the time with them.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I am grateful both that I am capable of running on our trails, as I did today, and that we are fortunate enough to live in the woods and have trails among the trees to run on.

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I love laughter and what it can do for a home.
    I love the innocence of my children.
    When those two can collide, I am very thankful.

Last night, I got such a blessing - my youngest daughter was playing "Rock Band" on the XBOX and came upstairs to tell us that she had just passed "THE hardest song - Juice Box Hero!!!"

We laughed and have been singing "Juice Box Hero, got straws in his eyes" all day.

I love the idea of this thread - I love to practice thankfulness and being content with what I have! Thanks for starting this..................

For the younger crowd, the song lyrics are actually "Juke Box Hero, Got Stars in His Eyes"

VB what a wonderful idea for a thread!

I am thankful for TE because I have met some of my best cycling buddies here - and even get to meet them in the flesh sometimes...like today!

I am also thankful that I am able to get out in the fresh air and enjoy the beautiful world from my bike.
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

I heartily second Jane's sentiments!! In part, because she and I met for the first time today and enjoyed a 27.5 mile ride together on her home turf's glorious backroads! Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance; old churches and homes around every curve; cows aplenty; and a beautiful small river running through it all for most of our journey. And a mostly FLAT route, LOL!! It doesn't get much better than that!

Edit: This IS a great idea for a thread! One of my New Year's rez this year is to end each day by naming at least three things I'm grateful for. Just to remind myself that no matter how bad a particular day might be, there's always *plenty* of good stuff, too.
    Last edited by KathiCville; 02-16-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

--I got to take a nice bike ride on this beautiful day.
    --My sick dog is still hanging in there and seems reasonably happy.
    --The cable guy finally came (45 minutes after the three-hour service window was over) and gave me a new cable modem so I'll have reliable access to TE.

VB,

Every morning when I wake up I think of all that I am grateful for. It usually includes: my boyfriend, my house, my health, my family. It is good to make a habit of saying thank you to the universe. When you show gratitude, more good things will come your way, just wait and see!

Cheers,
    Kate

I am grateful for my family and friends.
    For my job.
    For my wonderful town that offers wonderful bike riding almost year round.
    And grateful for my fur kids.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

I am a glass is half full kinda girl and I try to look at all the things I should be grateful for throughout the day.

Today: I'm grateful to have been able to run 10 km in beautiful weather with good friends.
    I am grateful I could help a friend deal with her pain
    I am grateful for my handsome, funny, intelligent husband
    I am grateful for my beautiful house
    I am grateful for the peacefulness of my life right now
    I am grateful that my mother is still hanging in there
    I am grateful for the beautiful sunset tonight, the wonderful meal I just had and the glass of red wine in my hand.
    I am grateful for T. the electrician

I really could go on for hours.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS