Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Today I am grateful for .....
    Lorelei has not had a tempture in over a week!
    for living in california
    for all my pretty flowers that have come up early to brighten my day
    For being able to afford to go to Hawaii again this year for vacation
    For the support from the wonderful caring people on this site!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

I like this post a lot!
    About 10 years ago I suffered from heart palpatations that were caused by me. I had to learn to calm down and take a breath. I took on yoga (still doing it to this day) and changed certain things in my life. I started walking (I now ride instead of walking) and really learned to control my emotions. This grateful thing was one of the things that helped me. Every day no matter what I wrote 5 things I was grateful for even if it was the same things every day. I did this for about 3 months and I swear it really helped me a lot! So we should try and keep this thread going as long as we can cause i think it really helps!

I'm glad I met those people today. I'm glad there's cycling on tv again!

Today, I am grateful for

Being able to ride in 58 degree temps, despite the wind and wet conditions;

A sweetie who surprised me w/my favorite flowers (tulips) and will make a special trip to get me some Jelly Beans

That Fiona's stitches are healing up, despite her puppy energy level (which is difficult to surpress)

Stephen King, into whose books I can lose myself and be entertained (I've been a fan since "Carrie" was first published, back in the day)

Federal Holidays

Knowing that I will have to commute all the way out to Herndon only SIX more days.....
    Last edited by Velobambina; 02-18-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Today I am grateful for my next-door neighbor, who pries me out of my shell with a shuckin' knife if that's what it takes

And for the coral honeysuckle that's blooming in my bower.

I am grateful for my husband, who told me in the middle of my injury induced depression that he had signed on for the long haul and I could not scare him off.

I am grateful for my tri-buddy Mike the PT who came back to work today and was able to treat me and gave me reason to be very hopeful.

I am grateful that 1/2 of the 80 essays I have to grade today are now behind me...

Oh...and good red wine and dark chocolate...every day I am grateful for that.

And the past few weeks I am very, very thankful for the other girls loitering about in the walking wounded forum, with their broken bits and pieces, they have given me support and made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Velobambina View Post
    Today, I am grateful for

Being able to ride in 58 degree temps, despite the wind and wet conditions.

Federal Holidays

What she said!

I didn't get a Federal Holiday but I am grateful that I have a job that allows me to flex-out on a beautiful day like today (except for the wind) and get on my bike.
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Today, I'm thankful for

Good health, strong body

Snowdrops that I saw blooming yesterday (the hope of spring)

The comp time I accumulated last summer so I could take off today & make sure Fiona continues to mend from her spay

My three wonderful golden retrievers whose wonderfulness and unconditional love are one of life's treasures

[QUOTE=Wahine;287176]I am a glass is half full kinda girl QUOTE]
    Me, too. In fact, sometimes it seems to irritate people that I'm so freakin' optimistic, so it's nice to have this thread where I can vent my optimism freely--thanks Velobambina!

I feel fortunate for so many things most of the time:
    my friends and family
    a job I love
    Cocoa the chocolate lab
    great biking buddies
    my health.

But today, the best thing is that I found out my twin brother's coming to visit us in May--woo hoo! He lives in Alaska and I in Florida, so our visits are few and very special to us.
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

I am grateful for Bike Friday's customer service - they (unexpectedly) shipped our stems back 2nd day air, and we'll have them tomorrow.

I'm thankful that my colleague is finally getting the help he so desperately needs.

I'm thankful for daffodils - our first sign of spring

And I'm very grateful for my fur babies - Teddy the Golden who puts his head in my lap, and Garfield the cat who sits beside me. Buffet who grooms my hair and Cricket - each day he is alive and comfortable is a treasure...
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Today I'm grateful for my sisters.

And for the wind at my back - even when I have to earn it by running upwind first

Today i am grateful to be alive to see today!

Today I'm grateful I made myself ride even though I really didn't have the time.

I'm really loving my new Selle An-atomica, too.

I'm thankful for the health of myself and of my family members.
    I'm thankful for my parents, even though our relationship is not ideal - I realize that they love me and have done/are doing the best that they know how. I'm thankful that there is still time to work on my relationship with them.
    I'm thankful for today!
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

I'm thankful that today I got to ride outside when it was only 36, but because the sun was out, it felt great. And I am thankful I forced myself to get all dressed in my cold weather gear to ride to an appointment.
    I'm thankful I am seeing my older son tonight! It's so much fun to have grown kids you really like.
    I'm thankful that Scott is coming home in 10 days so we can see him before he goes to Iraq. I am still eternally thankful to him for making us a "riding family."