Well Walking Wounded and fellow PT enthusiasts... How is it going?

I am having mixed feelings about my PT. Nice people, but I am not sure they are doing anything for me that I could not do at home.

I just finished my second week. I have seen three different therapists in two weeks. This is one aspect of this clinic that I do not like. I would like to be assigned to one therapist to work with. But they are all nice.

My sessions start with me doing my stretches that I do at home. Exercises, that I could do at home and then maybe 10 mins of them stretching me.

I did not expect to feel any big changes this quickly, but my knee is actually more sore than before I started. I asked yesterday if that was normal, and the reply was that is should stop as I enter in to the third week. Huh?

I have learned a lot about stretching. So that is good. I think what I am missing is the link of how to transition back to exercise. I do not have a coach, so I am at a total loss of how I know when I can ride outside. How will I know when I can try to run?

The doc said right from the start to just give it a try, but that makes me very nervous.

So I am going to keep my appointments for next week, and then reassess whether it is worth the expense to continue. I will still be at a loss of how to procede, but at least it will be free!

I do now realize that whatever becomes of my training in the future that heavy stretching and leg exercises will have to be a part of it.