Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tour of CA

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventure Girl View Post
    VeloNews life update said:
    I saw them at the finish of Stage 2 in Sacramento. They were at the Rock Racing booth signing posters.

Last edited by Lifesgreat; 02-22-2008 at 08:56 AM.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Someone in charge needs to put an end to this stupid Puerto thing. Yes EVERYONE and their MOTHER and their DOG and their BEST FRIEND was seeing the good doctor for drugs. Can we move on now?

Plus Tyler has done his time. Let the poor guy try to salvage his career.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Yeah, it's getting old, very old.

Why don't they all just start from scratch, get tested out the wazoo (with appropriate controls so there aren't any questions about the accuracy of the results) and if anyone is caught doping from this point on, out they go.

Wishful thinking, I know.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I think the Amgen tour is testing these guys like they've never been tested before! Hopefully this will set a precedent for the ones to come.

yes, let's get on with it!
    Nancy

Checking In

Hello Everyone from So Cal:

Went to the TT, was not able to get many pics due to placement of ourselves and the speed at which they were traveling. This was quite amazing!!

It was cool to see these people in the flesh as they sped by on their bikes!

To Santa Barbara tomarrow, then home.

Happy cycling all.

Ellen

Lucky you! Glad you got to see them. What I like about TTs is you see them solo as opposed to bunched together. What a treat!

AND.....Levi did it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun tomorrow. Come back and see us again!
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    The prologue was a blast!!!

BikerZ, aka_kim, LeeBob and I rode from our house in Union City across the Dumbarton Bridge and thru lovely East Palo to Palo Alto to watch the ToC prologue.

I am pretty sure it was you guys I saw at the expo. I was in the back with DH and he said "Don't you have that red jersey?" Alas, by the time we made it down the row you had all vanished.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Yes, the AV jerseys give us magical teleportation powers

We were in a bit of a hurry at the expo - we had to walk back to the start to pick up our bikes from the bike lot, and a 45 minute ride back to my house, and we were running out of daylight.

Bummer we missed you, Amma! I was hoping you'd see us in the crowd in our AV stuff. Oh well.

Anyone going to the finish in Santa Clarita today?

I'll be there with four kids in tow.

Although I've been sick as a dog lately, I think I want to try to make it out for the final stage tomorrow. I think we're going to head into the canyons to try to watch some climbing. Do you think this would be better than braving the crowds for the finish? Are there generally booths and such at the end? How crowded do you think it'll be?

I'm excited!!

The finish is always fun because you can see the team cars, check out the bikes, and possibly the guys, afterward!

Well, because of the nasty weather forecast for Wednesday's Stage 3, our group scrapped plans to ride up Del Puerto Canyon to watch the race from one of the three KOM's before Hamilton. We decided instead to drive to Modesto for the start, and from there, hightail it over to San Jose to watch the finish. Worked out perfect.

At SJ, we situated ourselves by the teams buses to catch closer glimpses of them as they came in. It was there that I saw Chris Horner giving an interview to VeloNews, got a couple pics, and then grabbed my pen and newly-acquired Chris Horner poster for an autograph. Great score there -- it will be framed and hung at the local LBS (Kevin's Bikes/Merced, CA) with all the other signed pics/posters accumulating there. Kevin is a Chris Horner fan, too.

Here are some pics for the Dave Zabriskie, Mario Cipollini, Chris Horner, Tyler Farrar, and Tom Boonen fans:

The TT King himself, Mr. DZ (I think he was posing intentionally), with Tom Danielson/Slipstream and Ivan Dominguez/Toyota United behind him:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave TT Zabriskie.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	5434

Cipo, lookin' good on the road back from retirement:

Name:	Cipo!.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	5435

Chris Horner, being interviewed by VeloNews mag (I also got a pic of his bike, if anyone's interested):

Name:	Chris Horner 1.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	5436

Tyler Farrar, the morning in Modesto -- he later abandoned of reported food poisoning:

Name:	#98 Tyler Farrar - Slipstream.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	5438

Tom Boonen, being mobbed at the team bus in San Jose:

Name:	Tom Boonen.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	5437

I also drove over to Seaside on Thursday for Stage 4, but because of slow traffic and nasty weather, got there about 15 minutes too late. Hey, any excuse to drive to the coast....of course a Starbucks visit was in order after that.

Exciting Tour this year. The nasty weather is putting an interesting twist into the dynamics of the race. See...it does rain in California.

Cya galz...
    BikeMomma
    Last edited by BikeMomma; 02-23-2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Add other riders
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMomma View Post
    At SJ, we situated ourselves by the teams buses to catch closer glimpses of them as they came in.
    Aw crud, Lee & I were just past the finish when the first couple of groups of riders came in. You must have been right around the corner from us! (I was wearing my AV jacket so if we crossed paths you probably would have seen me )

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Aw crud, Lee & I were just past the finish when the first couple of groups of riders came in. You must have been right around the corner from us! (I was wearing my AV jacket so if we crossed paths you probably would have seen me )
    Dang! I'll have to look through my pics to see if I got you guys somewhere in there. When they first came in, we were along the railing where it fanned out before the turn "team bus alley." Then after a few minutes, we moved around the corner.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    Although I've been sick as a dog lately, I think I want to try to make it out for the final stage tomorrow. I think we're going to head into the canyons to try to watch some climbing. Do you think this would be better than braving the crowds for the finish? Are there generally booths and such at the end? How crowded do you think it'll be?

I'm excited!!
    In Pasadena? I have no idea, but I will try to be there, too!

Look for the pink hair and/or the flowered top-hat.

-- gnat!