Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tour of CA

To disable ads, please log-in.

That is super cool! I have to check out our photos and see what we got. It was very foggy and cold on Trinity this morning. We're heading directly to Tahoe from Hamilton tomorrow, so if we get anything there we can't post it for a while.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

OK...I'm saying this with a big smile on my face...but...looking at all those thumbnails together at once...is it just possible that we all might be a little geeky for following these guys? You have to admit...especially with the TT helmets...the look is...well...interesting!
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

This may not be a surprise to some of you who know me in real life, but I think that taking pictures of pro cyclists may be the *least* geeky thing I do. Yep, sad, but true.
    Keep calm and carry on...

It's one of my less geeky hobbies...
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio

I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gnat23/...7603926304559/

<- Zabriskie. *zoom*!

(will be updating as I keep going. Will probably be at Sierra Wednesday, then from Solvang on...)

-- gnat! (seriously! I LOVE THIS!!)

OK, I have hundreds of pics and need to take the time to put the best ones online. I will try to this weekend.

Went to the finish in Sacramento and to the start in Modesto. The starts are the place for fans to go! Kiddo got Tyler Farrar's, Levi's, Jens', Bobby J's and Danny Pate's autograph (plus some others I am going to have to look up), we got a couple of Tom Boonen photos for another TE member and lots of other shots.

I did not get a shot of one of my favorite things: the Bissell van was the broom wagon!
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Headed to Solvang!!

Hi Gang!

I finally registered. I'm a cycling junkie like the rest you on this forum. I have been a regular browser for at least a year or to, so I feel like I know all of you. I have certainly learned a lot about everything athletic and cycling related from all of your experiences. Thankyou so much.

My husband and I are headed to Santa Barbara in the AM. Will be there in the evening. Solvang in the AM and time trial and FUN!!. Then catch the Start from Santa Barbara before we head back to the desert of St. George Ut.

This is the first time I will have seen anything like this. I am SO excited, I
    can't contain myself.

I look foraward to being actually able to comunicate with you all.

Ellen

Hi Ellen!
    Welcome to TE!
    You from St. George? I lived there for about 6 years during my teen years. I love it down there!
    Have fun at the ToCA! I'm jealous of ALL of you who get to participate in the racing festivities!

Lifesgreat, you home already? Hurry up and get those photos posted!
    If you can read this, take a pull.

AuntieK -

Yes, St. George is my home. It is nice here, although I could do without all of the population growth. I wish there was something better here for bike awarness. Everytime I read about someone getting killed, it scares me. I live in Hi-Vis yellow as much as possible, no matter what I look like.

Red Rock- We'd love it here too if we didn't have so much traffic! But, the benefits of great weather and some wonderful rides help outweigh what we have to endure on the traffic side of things.

Up here in the SF Bay area, many of us are fortunate to live close to areas where we can ride in relative safety away from horrendous traffic jams and such. I don't know how the folks down south manage. LA area isn't exactly cycling friendly from what I have heard.
    Nancy

This is kinda cool -- snatched it from another forum

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=1678871

That's too funny!

Here's a pic of Bobby J with the borrowed wheel.
    http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=390425

Yeah, I could see him wanting to borrow my rear wheel - NOT.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

did anyone else see this?? we were at hamilton wednesday and after the whole motorcade the first riders to come off the mountain was a group of three riders. as they got closer, I realized they were all in rock racing kit. as they got really close, I realized they had no helmets, erc. and that it was the outcasts: tyler hamilton, oscar sevilla and santiago botero. anyone else see them anywhere? does anyone know if they rode the whole stage? these are the climbers of the team, so maybe they were making a point about what could have been.
    Sarah

2011 Volagi Liscio

They didn't ride to the finish as far as I could tell. Lee and I were at the finish line when the first groups finished, and then we wandered back along the course to our car, watching & cheering on the stragglers.

We were inside the 90 degree turn onto 3rd St. when the bulk of the peleton whizzed by. Mario Cippolini took that turn very tight and very nearly clipped the guardrail right where Lee was standing. Heh, Lee nearly got entirely too up close & personal with Super Mario!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    did anyone else see this?? we were at hamilton wednesday and after the whole motorcade the first riders to come off the mountain was a group of three riders. as they got closer, I realized they were all in rock racing kit. as they got really close, I realized they had no helmets, erc. and that it was the outcasts: tyler hamilton, oscar sevilla and santiago botero. anyone else see them anywhere? does anyone know if they rode the whole stage? these are the climbers of the team, so maybe they were making a point about what could have been.
    VeloNews life update said:
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloNews
    "Why are the members of the Rock Republic Team that are not racing allowed to still be involved in the race?"

They really aren't involved in the race. Tyler Hamilton, Oscar Sevilla and Santiago Botero have been hanging around at the race start - wearing their team kits - but they don't have passes or credentials. They are basically in the same position as anyone else out there, riding the roads until the highway patrol tells them they can't anymore ... which is what happened yesterday. They were told to pull off the road by the CHP and had to wait until the peloton passed.
    Bork Bork, Hork Hork!!