Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour of CA

Tour of CA

To disable ads, please log-in.

So - who's going where to watch?

I think we'll be on Coleman, Trinity and Hamilton. Our viewing originally involved riding bicycles and/or motorcycles to the places we wanted to get to. Plans changed a bit. Oh well.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Hi,
    Will be with 3 others from Seattle area - on Coleman and Trinity too...I watched the final laps in Santa Rosa last year and want to see the riders in slower motion as they climb this time!

I think we'll be on Coleman. Thom will be on Hamilton. I couldn't get a good sub for the day, so I won't be there. I've already had two days out of my classroom this month with "sub off the street." I don't feel good about doing that a third time for a play day.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I couldn't get the whole week offa work like I did last year, so probably an abbreviated version. I will definitely be in Palo Alto, may ride up to Mt. Tam on Monday, and I dunno how the heck Mt. Hamilton will work... in the past, police will close off access to the hill very very early, and in some cities would even kick off the people who had gotten there to camp overnight.

I might try to hit Solvang and on, too, if I can squeeze it. Anyone on the southern side?

-- gnat! (I have tons of pink dreads, and am easy to find in a crowd!)

EDIT: OMG, No Mt. Tam this year? Lame! Maybe I will try to get to Coleman then.
    Last edited by gnat23; 02-12-2008 at 03:18 PM.

I will probably be in downtown Santa Rosa again.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

We're going to watch the final day in Pasadena. Can't decide if I want to try to see part of the mountain stage and then try to rush to the finish or not. We did that last year and it was a pain! Since we'll have the kids it may be best to just pick a spot and stick there.

I'm hoping to be at the prologue and at the top of Sierra Rd.

Lee & I will be at the prologue, and we plan to ride over from home.

If anyone would like to ride over with us, give me a yell. We'll be starting from my home in Union City around 10, riding through Don Edwards park along the bay & over the Dumbarton Bridge, skirting around East Palo Alto and up to Stanford, with the requisite coffee/snack stops of course.

It'll be about 20-25 miles and about 100 ft of climbing.

Monday, we haven't figured out what we're doing yet.

Wednesday, we'll probably be at our favorite lookout spot 2/3 of the way up Sierra Rd.

I'll wear my AV gear.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    I will probably be in downtown Santa Rosa again.
    I forgot to add that this year there is a pro-women's crit being held just prior to the arrival of the peloton in Santa Rosa. I'll be downtown for that as well.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

My husband and I will be flying in on a red eye Friday night. We plan on taking in the Prologue (MY BIRTHDAY!!), the finish in Santa Rosa and the start of stage two in Santa Rosa. We fly out on Tuesday afternoon.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

we'll be there starting tuesday. DH and i are doing trektravel so we do a ride in the morning and then i guess they find us a place to sit and watch the race. i'm not sure how it all works, but they take care of everything. even give us new madones to ride. they also transport the bikes and luggage to each destination. we are so stoked!!!!! i'll be checking in on TE every day so maybe when i know more whats going on and how it all works i can contact some of youall and we can meet up. cant wait!
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    My husband and I will be flying in on a red eye Friday night. We plan on taking in the Prologue (MY BIRTHDAY!!), the finish in Santa Rosa and the start of stage two in Santa Rosa. We fly out on Tuesday afternoon.

So happy birthday! What a fun way to celebrate!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Thanks Sarah. This is going to be a pretty special long weekend- DH has never been to California or anywhere west of Las Vegas. Unfortunately, I won't have computer access after tomorrow so I won't know if any TErs are around unless our hotel has one

I am pretty excited about the rosters that have been released, should be a site to see.

Laurie- Your trip sounds amazing! Take lots of pictures?
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I'm so jealous of all of you!!! I can't wait to hear the details and follow along and pretend I'm there. If life were a bit less hectic right now, I may have cashed in some frequent flier miles and headed out. I was in France in 04 and watched a stage of the tour and it was so exciting and now I'd love to see many more stages of many more races. So many travels to do, so little time and money.

Hi everyone -

This was posted to my club's e-list:

---------------------------------

Sunday, February 17th, 6:30pm

Meet-and-Greet
    at the Mountain View Chipotle with members of professional cycling team
    Slipstream/Chipotle. After the prologue in the afternoon, Team members
    will be at Chipotle giving out and signing team swag.

There will also
    be a raffle that night, for a prize package including a Felt Bicycles cruiser
    bike, Burritos-for-a-Year from Chipotle, and an official Team
    Slipstream/Chipotle jersey.

---------------------------------

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl