Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour of CA

Hybrid View

Tour of CA

So - who's going where to watch?

I think we'll be on Coleman, Trinity and Hamilton. Our viewing originally involved riding bicycles and/or motorcycles to the places we wanted to get to. Plans changed a bit. Oh well.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Hi,
    Will be with 3 others from Seattle area - on Coleman and Trinity too...I watched the final laps in Santa Rosa last year and want to see the riders in slower motion as they climb this time!

I think we'll be on Coleman. Thom will be on Hamilton. I couldn't get a good sub for the day, so I won't be there. I've already had two days out of my classroom this month with "sub off the street." I don't feel good about doing that a third time for a play day.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I couldn't get the whole week offa work like I did last year, so probably an abbreviated version. I will definitely be in Palo Alto, may ride up to Mt. Tam on Monday, and I dunno how the heck Mt. Hamilton will work... in the past, police will close off access to the hill very very early, and in some cities would even kick off the people who had gotten there to camp overnight.

I might try to hit Solvang and on, too, if I can squeeze it. Anyone on the southern side?

-- gnat! (I have tons of pink dreads, and am easy to find in a crowd!)

EDIT: OMG, No Mt. Tam this year? Lame! Maybe I will try to get to Coleman then.
    Last edited by gnat23; 02-12-2008 at 02:18 PM.

I will probably be in downtown Santa Rosa again.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

We're going to watch the final day in Pasadena. Can't decide if I want to try to see part of the mountain stage and then try to rush to the finish or not. We did that last year and it was a pain! Since we'll have the kids it may be best to just pick a spot and stick there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    I will probably be in downtown Santa Rosa again.
    I forgot to add that this year there is a pro-women's crit being held just prior to the arrival of the peloton in Santa Rosa. I'll be downtown for that as well.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

OK, I have hundreds of pics and need to take the time to put the best ones online. I will try to this weekend.

Went to the finish in Sacramento and to the start in Modesto. The starts are the place for fans to go! Kiddo got Tyler Farrar's, Levi's, Jens', Bobby J's and Danny Pate's autograph (plus some others I am going to have to look up), we got a couple of Tom Boonen photos for another TE member and lots of other shots.

I did not get a shot of one of my favorite things: the Bissell van was the broom wagon!
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Headed to Solvang!!

Hi Gang!

I finally registered. I'm a cycling junkie like the rest you on this forum. I have been a regular browser for at least a year or to, so I feel like I know all of you. I have certainly learned a lot about everything athletic and cycling related from all of your experiences. Thankyou so much.

My husband and I are headed to Santa Barbara in the AM. Will be there in the evening. Solvang in the AM and time trial and FUN!!. Then catch the Start from Santa Barbara before we head back to the desert of St. George Ut.

This is the first time I will have seen anything like this. I am SO excited, I
    can't contain myself.

I look foraward to being actually able to comunicate with you all.

Ellen

Hi Ellen!
    Welcome to TE!
    You from St. George? I lived there for about 6 years during my teen years. I love it down there!
    Have fun at the ToCA! I'm jealous of ALL of you who get to participate in the racing festivities!

Lifesgreat, you home already? Hurry up and get those photos posted!
    If you can read this, take a pull.

AuntieK -

Yes, St. George is my home. It is nice here, although I could do without all of the population growth. I wish there was something better here for bike awarness. Everytime I read about someone getting killed, it scares me. I live in Hi-Vis yellow as much as possible, no matter what I look like.

Red Rock- We'd love it here too if we didn't have so much traffic! But, the benefits of great weather and some wonderful rides help outweigh what we have to endure on the traffic side of things.

Up here in the SF Bay area, many of us are fortunate to live close to areas where we can ride in relative safety away from horrendous traffic jams and such. I don't know how the folks down south manage. LA area isn't exactly cycling friendly from what I have heard.
    Nancy

This is kinda cool -- snatched it from another forum

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=1678871

That's too funny!

Here's a pic of Bobby J with the borrowed wheel.
    http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=390425

Yeah, I could see him wanting to borrow my rear wheel - NOT.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

did anyone else see this?? we were at hamilton wednesday and after the whole motorcade the first riders to come off the mountain was a group of three riders. as they got closer, I realized they were all in rock racing kit. as they got really close, I realized they had no helmets, erc. and that it was the outcasts: tyler hamilton, oscar sevilla and santiago botero. anyone else see them anywhere? does anyone know if they rode the whole stage? these are the climbers of the team, so maybe they were making a point about what could have been.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes