Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

The border crossing really isn't that bad.

If you're worried about it, consider taking the Sumas/Huntington crossing instead. (but honestly, by the time you diverted to Huntingdon, you've used up the time it would take to wait for the crossing in Blaine)

I've got 19th and 20th May off, but since it's my b-day I might be spending part of it with my family.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

valid

Knot-i'm a wee bit paranoid about our passports not being machine readable. I phoned the NZ passport office in Sydney & they can't tell me as it depends on each one..I'll have to call them tomorrow

I'd hate to annoy a customs officer!

HEWWWWp

HEWWWppp...

My aunt & uncle have to attend a full military funeral back in DC & won't be able to catch up with us..

My question is..can someone recommend a nice place to stay? I'd do a web search but would like to go by word of mouth..
    Last edited by crazycanuck; 04-04-2008 at 03:30 PM.

What city is it that you will be in when you need a place to stay?
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

seattle

Seattle..somewhere central to all the seattle ladies..

I no one has floor space for you then maybe a double room at the http://www.greentortoise.net/

Kitsune06 Guest
    CC -have you decided what's up yet? Are you completely switching days or are you just able to hang out with us longer?

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Hey! Where in the world have you been dear??

NIce to see ya back here!!!

Would anyone travel up to Van to have a TE gals party?
    Well, if things change for a get-together, let me know. In fact, you and hubby will be passing near where I work...I work about 20 kms. just north of the Canada-U.S. border...near the Golden Ears Regional Park in Langely. Yes, we do have Americans that commute everyday to our workplace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Ears_Group

But I live downtown. LONG commute..since it's not by car.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 04-06-2008 at 07:30 AM.

easy peasy

Ok..*sigh* updated info.

Bellingham sounds much easier in terms of driving back to Vancouver. It's towards the end of our trip & the less driving time(from Calgary) before we get on plane for a gazonking long time Gives us time to pack, shop etc in Van. (i want to thwack ian..he wants to visit SEattle but can't make up his freakin mind..he does however want to drive through Montana to Bellingham from Calgary..ARHHHH)

So, the 19th is the best bet & it's possible we could be there by the evening of the 18th depending on traffic from Calgary. We'll probably head off sometime on the 20th..

If you're up for Bellingham..let me know. If you're up for Vancouver, let me know.

Starfish-how far is your work from Maple Ridge?

So..yes it's bellingham..
    Last edited by crazycanuck; 04-07-2008 at 04:55 AM.

Ok..*sigh* updated info.

Bellingham sounds much easier in terms of driving back to Vancouver. It's towards the end of our trip & the less driving time(from Calgary) before we get on plane for a gazonking long time Gives us time to pack, shop etc in Van. (i want to thwack ian..he wants to visit SEattle but can't make up his freakin mind..he does however want to drive through Montana to Bellingham from Calgary..ARHHHH)

So, the 19th is the best bet & it's possible we could be there by the evening of the 18th depending on traffic from Calgary. We'll probably head off sometime on the 20th..

If you're up for Bellingham..let me know. If you're up for Vancouver, let me know.

Is it Starfish in the ocean or star in the sky that you are asking?
    Let's put it this way I am across the Fraser River from Maple Ridge. It's the same Fraser River where 1+ million salmon swim in near us, from the Pacific. We are constructing a bridge.....and it will have signed bike paths. And the bike routes will hook up the Trans Canada trail..as you may know, a trail that has different parts of completed routes across Canada.

Whatever you do, make your visit to Vancouver enjoyable though it might be short(?).
    Last edited by shootingstar; 04-08-2008 at 07:23 PM.

CC: are you coming to Victoria?
    All vintage, all the time.
    Falcon Black Diamond
    Gitane Tour de France
    Kuwahara Sierra Grande MTB
    Bianchi Super Grizzly MTB

I think you mean to be asking ShootingStar?

I don't know where Maple Ridge is...and I am hours from Bellingham.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Ok..*sigh* updated info.

Hi CC,
    I can sure understand your situation and agree that Bellingham is a better option for you; however, it won't work for me to meet up, as it's about a 1.5-2 hour drive for me, after a full Monday's work schedule, plus anticipating traffic delays, so it just isn't practical for me to plan on driving up there.
    I hope that you have safe and fun travels and don't exhaust yourselves driving every which way!
    Mary

I'm up for a ride anywhere on the 20th. The 19th and 21st is my sweetie's graduation (yes, two days...) so I ain't going nowhere then!

But I can ride in Vancouver or even in Bellingham on those days. We could also arrange a ride around Fort Langley to Abbotsford, along (or crossing) the 49th parallel (US/Canada border). There are nice rides to be had around there. I assume there is some good riding to do in Maple Ridge, too, I was there yesterday but in a car, some nice roads around... and we can wave goodbye to Shootingstar along the way!

I cannot disclose my exact work location. But this is part our project, in Maple Ridge. lst photo. 2nd photo...the start of the bridge and highway approaches from north, south, etc.

Yes, it is pretty in various areas in Maple Ridge. Fort langley too.

I noticed a few gals cycling into our workplace..without their helmets. But they are on work visas..directly from Europe.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 10-17-2009 at 02:58 PM.