Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

The CrazyC & da Man meet Seattle..

Hey!

We paid for our plane tickets today or should that be with the cost...

Anywho, we're planning on visiting Seattle and want to know if we could arrange a lunch or dinner with some of you kids..

We're still throwing around dates but I want to suggest may 6th but before I do that, i'll need to know a bit more info-What's the drive from Van-Seattle, seattle-van like? Is it relatively easy & safe?

There's another date we could choose as well, May 19th..

Either way it'll be cool to catch up with some of you nutty folks..

C

it's VERY easy and safe. it's slow. that's the downside.

we can't wait to meet you.
    there will be a queue.

depending on when you leave, it can take a long time. I am thinking 4 hours is on the good side.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Whooooo-HOOOOOOO!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Cool Bummer!

MAN! Thats no fair!
    Don't you want to come see the southwest???!!!!

You could take the train - though I hear at this point in time one way its a bus.... the train goes up from Seattle to Vancouver, but only comes back as far as Everett???? (they sell a ticket all the way to Seattle, but they put you on an Amtrack bus....) The fare is pretty cheap though.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I've done Amtrak from Portland to Vancouver and we had to get on a bus at King Station downtown Seattle and then on the bus all the way up to Vancouver. On the way back we just did the reverse. Last time was in Nov 07. Maybe it's changed since then? Definitely a good fare though.

I'll find a way to hook up with you in Seattle CC. It'll be fun.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Whenever you get around to returning to Canada, CC...
    Land of the Canadian national comedy series: "Little Mosque on the Prairies".

Yes, I was in the Arctic,.. Iqualuit, Nunavut. Huskies ..and town in Jan. at around 11:30 am, land of the midnight sun. Not quite Calgary (or was it Edmonton), that you're from?
    Last edited by shootingstar; 02-12-2010 at 10:08 PM.

There are cheaper places to stay in Bellingham, cheaper than the Chrysalis. (but the decent ones are close enough in price to the smallest Chrysalis rooms to almost make it worth the switch) There is also camping at Larrabee State Park, which is bike riding distance from the Chrysalis (much of it along the Interurban bike trail). May wouldn't be bad for camping, and Larrabee is gorgeous.

Edit: Poopy! Just called the Chrysalis, they don't have "normal" rooms open that weekend due to hosting a large corporate group. All they have left are the suites (very nice) for $299 and up a night. I stayed in one of those, they really are very nice and could potentially hold 2 couples or 3 singles (a fold out couch and a fold out window seat in the bedroom). They have a jacuzzi tub in a bay window overlooking the water. Separate "living" room and bed room and bath room. Gas fireplace.

Anyway, what a bummer. The little rooms are sweet. Would have been perfect. There are other hotels in town, but none as nice as Chrysalis or as perfectly located on the bike path.

Oh, and Monday the 19th is Victoria Day.
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 02-25-2008 at 09:02 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Just checked. Monday, May 19. Victoria Day. Yup it;s the May long weekend. The states has one the following weekend I think .
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

hmm

Ah, it's the Victoria day long weekend..KG? T?

Hey Salsa, can you throw a sickie on the 20th..

Who'd be up to having a TE funky meet in Bellingham? Is it easier than Seattle?

I believe my aunt n uncle who are near seattle won't be home for us to see them so bellingham might just work.

Bellingham would certainly be easier for me. IT's a nice little town too!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.