Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

easy?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Pls tell me if we schedule this for May 18th in Bellingham which one of you crazy chickies would we meet?

Is there good shopping in Bellingham? Nice views?

I'll need to figure out logistics as we'd be returning from most likely Calgary with a rental car..

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. But, I always enjoy Bellingham. Water views, etc. Small town. Not cosmopolitan in the least. Don't know about the shopping.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

If it's on the weekend and 5/18 is a Sunday, I think - then, I'm a solid maybe...we have a few months to firm it up.

Yes, Bellingham, especially the older, historic section, a bit south of downtown B'ham (which is Fairhaven) is on the water, heck it's got the ferry terminal to Alaska there...plenty of places to meet whether it's inside or outside too. There's a shopping mall just north of Bellingham called Bellis Fair...but the premier outlet mall is further south on I-5.

update

I heard back from my aunt n uncle in Seattle and it's good news! They'll be home and have mentioned May 18th or 19th would suit!

So, forget bellingham..Seattle it is!

oh good! (although Bellingham would have been a cool adventure)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

The 18th or 19th would work fine for me. And if you really needed the 20th, if I had several weeks' notice, I could switch a work day, I think.

LaConnor would have been nice, too. But now we get to show you around Seattle, which is fun.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

umm

Ok, how about we make it a monday night dinner?

Also, i''m a bit confused..My aunt n uncle actually live in Silverdale not on bainbridge island. I'm wandering around maps and am wondering if anyone can help me with the best directions..

I'm lost..

Should i start a new thread?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Ok, how about we make it a monday night dinner?

Also, i''m a bit confused..My aunt n uncle actually live in Silverdale not on bainbridge island. I'm wandering around maps and am wondering if anyone can help me with the best directions..

I'm lost..

Should i start a new thread?
    No, I'd keep it in this thread, in that others have already responded here and will probably be looking for updates/finalized plans here.
    So, you're thinking Monday night instead of the weekend?

Below is a link to the Google maps location for Silverdale, WA; so you can see its location in relation to Vancouver and Seattle. It's west of Seattle, via either the Seattle>Bainbridge Island or the Edmonds>Kingston ferry...and if you're coming south on I-5 from BC, you'd reach the Edmonds ferry first and hook up with state route 3 south to Silverdale...you can zoom in/out on the map and it should make more sense...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...1,5.064697&z=8

drivin time

Hey MM..I'll check that link out..thanks

Yep, Monday night but we'd probably be in Seattle on sunday visiting my Aunt n uncle. Also, most of the holiday traffic from canuckland will have settled down?

Yep, probably, as it's Victoria Day up north, right?
    Also, X and Kit are in Portland, OR...about same distance/driving time from Seattle area, as Vancouver - 2.5ish hours, but no border crossing necessary!

yep

Ok..listen up or should that be read up..

CrazyC & CrazyI will be there on the 18th of May and venture off early on the 20th..Dinner on the 19th sounds coolio.

Dinner suggestions? Someone's abode?

We'll be venturing from Calgary and then venturing up to Van..

What day(s) are you going to be the Kelowna area? Do you have/need accomodations?
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

May 19th in Seattle. I'll check it out and try to block it off. It'll be tough because it's a school night. But I'll try to make it work.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

venturing

Kg-About the 8th in Vernon/Kelowna. We have accommodation

Wahine-are you studying again?

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Gee, at the furious amount of visiting and travelling, canuck, Vancouver will buzz by you like a fly.

HOnest by now, I've lost track when you are arriving..back into Canuckland.