Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

On the hijack--I'll be interested in VeloB's opinion, too. I am also a Spinervals junkie and have Hillacious, Uphill Grind and the Tucson Training Rides.

Personally, Mt. Lemmon is the toughest. Unrelentless. Mean. Tough.

Then, Hillacious and Uphill Grind. I can't say one is harder than the other; they're different. Hillacious seems to feel like it is working me better because it is more like I ride--long upills, rollers and short steep sections. But, Uphill Grind really gets the heart rate up, but in a different manner. It feels more like learning to sprint up a hill than just to get to the top. Both are tough, but differently so. I alternate them, tossing in Mt. Lemmon when I'm having a good day.

Gates Pass is the easiest. I don't consider that a hill workout so much as a tougher aero with some hills thrown in to raise the heart rate for a while. But that could just be the way I ride that one--aero the flats, work the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Personally, Mt. Lemmon is the toughest. Unrelentless. Mean. Tough.
    This is encouraging to me. Maybe I'll save the $$ for awhile and keep doing Mt. Lemmon.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Velobambina View Post
    Jo, Uphill Grind will motivate you to get on the trainer. It's not too long in duration (~45 minutes) and it's FUN.
    It was allright.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Sorry about the delay, gals. Been a stressful week.

There are two rides on the AZ Spinerval. Mt. Lemmon and Gates Pass. Both are tough climbs, but the scenery is just beautiful. I'd rate this as a good hill workout. Since there are two workouts on this DVD, I consider it a good deal in terms of $$. I haven't tried to do the entire thing at once yet. Would have to be a day when I'm feeling very strong and/or very stressed.