Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

Super Sunday ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

DH and I just did a quick shot out to Route 108 and back for a short 16 mile ride in an hour. We stopped at the grocery store during our warm up and I picked up some chili mix to make a pot o' chili for the game tonight. Big bowl of chili, cornbread, an ice cold brew, and the Pats v. the Giants. Not much better than that!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

What kind of brew? Who are you rooting for?

Rode early. Still some black ice patches and the bridges were frozen. Ended up dismounting and walking over them. It was below freezing and damp, which is never fun, especially since the ground was still soaked from Friday's deluge. Could have been worse (snow), so I was very happy to have mostly clear pavement. Got in 43 miles.

Joe, Jackie, and I left around 8 AM this morning and had a super wonderful ride! We got 37 miles in! Yippee and Hooray! We got home about a half hour ago. Joe showered first and Jackie and I are waiting for lunch! He volunteered to go to Taco Time. I'm starving! Hurry Joe!

Now we can get ready to relax for the rest of the day and watch the super bowl! My team did not make the cut this year but I still love watching the game!

Flybye, are you listening?

Half sunny, high 40's!

Same course as yesterday - 19 miles at 16.7mph.

Wind was worse than expected and we were actually overdressed. So, I filled up the car and washed it while Silver did another 10 miles.
    Last edited by Mr. Bloom; 02-03-2008 at 12:00 PM.
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

A little warmer than yesterday - probably 55 when we finished the ride but at least 10 degrees cooler when we started - the cloud cover kept things from warming up until it burned off.

A little sun, slight breeze, 41 miles toward the mountains, including an out-and-back up Quaker Run Road - Geonz, are you reading this thread? I turned around when it ramped up. I'm not up to torturing myself yet this year.
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

ahem. i noticed there was no date on today's ride thread. So I am safe!!

I rode 7 miles, down the hill to lake washington at Seward park and back.
    At the park, I locked the bike into my friend's pickup bed and she and i walked 2 miles, then I rode back up the hill. A very chilly 38 degrees (okay you snow people, I don't want to hear it!)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

A short 20 mile ride with DH. It was a little cool, 35, cooler then the usual temps. My legs felt a little tired but it felt good to get out in the fresh air.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Another nice day here. Rode a very windy 14 miles and then I gave up and went home. I wish I lived in a bubble sometimes.

Glad to hear we're all getting out there and having some fun on the roads. Now off to watch the game!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by Velobambina View Post
    What kind of brew? Who are you rooting for?
    The Pats are in it, so of course I'll be drinking Sam Adams!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I tossed (really gently placed) my new bike in the back of my car this afternoon and headed into Louisville for the traditional Sunday afternoon ride. There was a big turnout - just too nice a day to stay inside. The pace was fast and I pushed myself the entire 22 miles. In the end I logged 22.07 miles and averaged 17.12 mph - not bad for fighting a headwind down River Road. Not my personal best but not to far off from it. Time to grade papers
    Marcie

Yipee, my first outdoor ride since the start of 2008. 21 miler, its was cold but made much colder by the very windy conditions, felt like I was barely moving and almost turned back, but knew I had to do 20 miles at the least.

Now sitting comfortably and watching Superbowl commercials.

Not a ride ....

I went to the dojo, had a nice 1 1/2 hour practice. Got to train w S. and work on some variations and plenty of time to do a loooooong stretch because Sunday is "free training" unstructured. L.I. was there, we trained together waaaaaay back, I mean in the 80's. She had knee surgery and stopped training for years, it's good to see her back. Also nice to have a class with 4 high ranking women students (and a few very fun and supportive guys).

After that Spazzdog and I went to breakfast at Lois the Pie Queen. Coffee, spinach omlette with grits and the best biscuits south of my Moms.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/