Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

bone spur shoulder

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi, I am new in this forum here. I am researching about bone spur surgery if it is worth doing it and I learned to read these information and it seems worth surgery. I really tried to figure out why I got bone spur on ac shoulder. Dr. said that it could run in my family. I doubted and asked my mom about it. She doesnt have anyone in our family that has bone spur.

Dr. said that I have arthrisitis, bicep tendonitis, and ac bone spur. I have been to physical therapy. It hurted on my bicep area the most. Until August, It got worse and appeared some more area like on my shoulder, back near rear deltoid. One day it felt stingy and weak on my pink finger and I was so puzzled.

How it happened... Two years ago (Oct 2006). My shoulder felt so funny and hurted. Three weeks later (end of Oct) I found out that I was pregnant. My dr suspected that shoulder pain related to my shoulder. I doubted because it was 3 weeks before. Maybe it was concidence.

Last year in summer time, my baby was born then Oct. 2007 he was 4 months old and I reached him in the back in car and pulled my shoulder like backward. It was big time pain! It couldnt move for a month. It was so painful. I had to carry baby on and off. It was so hard for me.

Two months later, I went to MRI and they found that I only had edema like swelling tenditis, nothing serious. I went to physical therapy and it improved a little. Feb. 2008....

Late in March, I got a job at UPS as a sorter. My shoulder felt pain again on and off for months.
    It got worse last Aug. Now I have bone spur beaduse I went to MRI again and special dye needle into my shoulder and see through xray computer. Thats how dr found out what my problem is.

I suspect hat I worked out a lot with dummbell most of my life that may cause. plus carrying and lifting heavy boxes at UPS. OH well.

I am scared of surgery. So I cant lift baby after surgery?? My baby is 17 months and always need me geez. I wonder if breastfeed causes calicum low and become weak with my bone? I drink milk a lot and viac vitamin (spell?).
    Last edited by mookia; 10-29-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Shoulder surgery

I think the sooner you have the surgery the better. I delayed mine because my daughter got married at the end of August. I had it done on October 21 and I am in my second week of rehab. The longer you wait the more likely something else will get damaged. I missed mule deer season. Luckily I only had to have a large spur removed and the clavicle shaved. I have talked to many people about the surgery and also what has happened by them waiting. My only problem so far was because of the anethesia. They gave me a nerve block which affected my diagram and I could not get enought oxygen. I have had a history of asthma so they probably should not have done the block. I'd rather cope with the pain instead of not breathing. Good luck to all and God Bless.

Bone spur

I am more afraid of the things I will not be able to do after surgery than the surgery itself. I have a five and two year old, the two year old is not completely potty trained, I have to take the five year old to pre-k and both have to be put in car seats. Will I be able to do this and if not how long will it take? I don't have family and I don't know many people so asking for help is not an option.

Bone Spurs

Hi; I am new to the whole posting on a forum thing. After reading the posts thought I may have something to add. I am in my early 40's and very active participating in most any sport I can find and lifting lots of heavy weights. Because of this pasion I had my third shoulder surgery 3 mos ago. In the past I would be back to my normal strength and mobility in 3 mos. This time which is the seccond time on the right shoulder (1st 7 years ago) the strength and mobility are back but the pain is as bad as before the surgery. This could be do to my age diff. I don't want to scare you away from surgery but just give you some more realistic expectations. Also my surgeon told me once he took the spurs out they would not return. I should have known better than to believe that. If it matters my opinion is to find the best surgeon in your area for shoulders, Have a MRI done so they can give you a more deffinate idea of the repairs your shoulder needs, Then have it done as soon as posible while there is still something left to repair. Good Luck!

Question bone spur info

I have had 4 shoulder surgerys. After each procedure I was told they found bone spures. I asked how it was possible that they were taking these sprurs off and yet they kept comming back. I received many diff answers many didn't make sense except 1. I was told that a bone spur is the bodys natural protection when you injure yourself by pulling a tendon or tearing a ligament. He told me the body builds bone like tissue around the injury where the tissue connects to the bone to protect itself. The problem is that having surgery doesn't always guarentee that the spur won't grow back. If you can find a doctor that knows how to keep this from happening let me know. Right now i'm looking for a doc that can solve this prob before i decide to get help again. Right now the pain just keeps on with very little that i can do about it.

I just had this surgery today, doc said I had a big bone spur with lots of inflamation. Hurts bunches, but the Vicodin ES takes care of that.

Snap, will you cut it out with the surgery?!

Seriously, feel better soon. (((((Snap)))))
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Snap, will you cut it out with the surgery?!

Seriously, feel better soon. (((((Snap)))))
    It is getting a bit ridiculous, isn't it! Today hurts like heck, yay for Vicodin.

Oh geeze, I'm sorry love.

I hope you can get lots of healing rest.

Lee and I have nothing going on this weekend, if you need anything you know where to find us.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

rotator cuff surgery

Had rotator cuff surgery on 19 May, along with removal of a bone spur. It was all arthroscopic--which I hope speeds recovery. The tear was "small", a result of whacking a big block of ice while shoveling snow in January, but the doc said there was probably an "issue" before from a skiing fall a year before. First week was awful, started PT the second week. Now at 4 1/2 weeks , I wear the sling only at night or when it gets really tired. I am told I can ride my road bike at 8 weeks, 16 weeks for mt. bike. How does that seem to others who have had this? The pulley exercise DO hurt, but I sure don't want frozen shoulder. I had the other shoulder done from a worse injury 12 years ago, and it never has been right since. Couldn't swing a golf club anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbikah View Post
    Had rotator cuff surgery on 19 May, along with removal of a bone spur. It was all arthroscopic--which I hope speeds recovery. The tear was "small", a result of whacking a big block of ice while shoveling snow in January, but the doc said there was probably an "issue" before from a skiing fall a year before. First week was awful, started PT the second week. Now at 4 1/2 weeks , I wear the sling only at night or when it gets really tired. I am told I can ride my road bike at 8 weeks, 16 weeks for mt. bike. How does that seem to others who have had this? The pulley exercise DO hurt, but I sure don't want frozen shoulder. I had the other shoulder done from a worse injury 12 years ago, and it never has been right since. Couldn't swing a golf club anymore.

I had a very bad tear back in 2001 as well as a bone spur fixed. It was the best thing I did getting it done asap. THat took many months of ...this didnt work...that didnt work crap. I had 10 days sling.....physical therapy for 10 weeks (2-3x a week) and no lifting over 5 lbs for the full 12 weeks. My shoulder is fine other then I can feel the weather change!

I was told no riding until I have full range of motion back in my shoulder. Oh well, I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.

PT starts on 6/30.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Interesting that the first 3-4 different posters had only 1 post. Maybe there was just 2 people or a group having a go at this topic?
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I have spurs on both shoulders and 1 cyst

Hi,
    I"m a guy and only after reading this entire thread did I notice that this is a woman's cycling forum! OOps, Anyway, this is the most comprehensive forum and I didn't feel looking all night for one answer. I have mri's that show both spurs, and cyst. I can move, however I sleep on my side with my head on top of my bicep with the pillow in between. I was laid off for 5 months and can't sit still so I went to work on our house doing all of my honeydo's. Anyway it was a blessing in disguise because I really really hurt my shoulders. The doc asked his questions and we decided that it was my weight lifting in my earlier yrs that did the damage. Ok.....my question is this. I can chew Vicodin all day and the only thing it will do is keep me up all night. It completely knocks my wife into lala land.. (dang her!) Darvocet, aspirin...etc...nada. Is there another pain killler that works better than Vicodin???