Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I'm the only one allowed to whine
    Posts
    10,557

    To disable ads, please log-in.

    mmmm, ankles.... that little hollow just behind the bone, the tough strong achilles tendon, the soft skin near the shin, the muscles running along the outside...

    oh, wait, what was the question?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbia River Gorge
    Posts
    3,565
    I knew your interest in feet went way beyond the realms of professionalism.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

    http://gorgebikefitter.com/


    2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I'm the only one allowed to whine
    Posts
    10,557
    "Bringing passion to the profession," ah-yup.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,997
    OK... showed this to the cyclists in my family, and one of our training partners, and we have decided it would be an ideal for one of my partner's training buddies. The buddy is a "real bloke" and he would look great in the bridal top - if we could convince him to wear it

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    8,769
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post
    The buddy is a "real bloke" and he would look great in the bridal top - if we could convince him to wear it
    A few beers...
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,997
    Ah... he would be partial to a few beers...


    <EFG>

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    A tattoo on the lower back says look at my butt.
    I just forgot my original intention of this post.
    It's been a rough couple of days...


    Not to go too off-topic on this and not to defend myself or others, but that isn't always the case. Mine was done about 15 years ago. It has a lot of significance to me and at the time I would have preferred it in another spot but we couldn't think of anywhere else. The design is symetrical so the spot had to be relatively flat. I do enough dress-up things and have no desire to make a statement so I wanted it to be easily hidden. The last thing I want is people to look at my butt And when I first heard the term "tramp stamp", I was mortified but I guess that spot got popular and with that, public perception changed.

    I don't think all tattoos are have anything to do with "look at me" or sexuality or anything like that. Mine certainly doesn't. I spent a lot of money and time to create something that celebrates my heritage and I consider it meaningful art and it's not for anyone but me to see. That and DH, of course. Unfortunately other people DO see it sometimes because I'm tall and while I try to get shirts long enough, sometimes they aren't quite long enough.

    Ok, am off my soapbox! And back to the main topic, I've seen that jersey in cycling shops. It's quirky. It isn't me but I could definitely see the attraction

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    171
    I kinda like the jersey. I could show off my tattoos.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post
    The last thing I want is people to look at my butt And when I first heard the term "tramp stamp", I was mortified but I guess that spot got popular and with that, public perception changed.

    I don't think all tattoos are have anything to do with "look at me" or sexuality or anything like that. Mine certainly doesn't. I spent a lot of money and time to create something that celebrates my heritage and I consider it meaningful art and it's not for anyone but me to see. That and DH, of course. Unfortunately other people DO see it sometimes because I'm tall and while I try to get shirts long enough, sometimes they aren't quite long enough.
    I'm with you Teigyr... I think a tattoo in itself there is not an indication of the tramp-iness of an individual. I believe (this is not a research-based belief, just a personal one) that the "tramp-stamp" label evolved because of the ridiculous fashion of hipster jeans, short tops to allow exposed midriffs, specially designed g-strings to be seen above the hipsters... That says tramp if nothing does (and I'm no prude). add a tattoo to the mix and I understand how the name evolved.

    If I was getting a tattoo - which I would quite like to do but my partner doesn't like them so I won't - I would probably have one there or on my shoulders. And I would choose these places for the same reason as you - it would be a celtic design in line with my heritage, and it would be for me, not a statement to the world. (Although I do like the idea of a chain-ring marking on my leg - I have them often enough anyway ;P )
    Last edited by RoadRaven; 02-01-2008 at 11:06 AM.


    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    14,501
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post
    (Although I do like the idea of a chain-ring marking on my leg - I have them often enough anyway ;P )
    One of the ride leaders in our club has a tatt on his leg that's in just the right place and general shape/size for chainring grease - it's some kind of geometric ribbon thing, but it's fooled me more than once

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,764
    Mine is a celtic cross taken from a gravestone rubbing in Ireland. This was my artist: http://www.art-tattoo.com/. She adapted the rubbing to a tattoo. It was months of planning and then hours of actual work. It brought together my forefathers (I am told I am descended from the last pagan king in Ireland but who knows...), spirituality, and the circle of life.

    I understand the "tramp stamp" label but I tend to get irked by it. I got this long before I met my husband but he's ok with it I could get another, if I wanted. He kind of wants to also. When I was dating I did get the "eeeeuuuuwww, I'd never go out with a girl who had a tattoo" comments sometimes. I figured anyone so judgemental would never be for me so I never let it get to me.

    Now this has gone WAY ot! I do like the idea of the chain grease on my leg. I also tend to have that look going when I ride. That is a great idea!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    8,769
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post
    I believe (this is not a research-based belief, just a personal one) that the "tramp-stamp" label evolved because of the ridiculous fashion of hipster jeans, short tops to allow exposed midriffs, specially designed g-strings to be seen above the hipsters... That says tramp if nothing does (and I'm no prude). add a tattoo to the mix and I understand how the name evolved.

    Look at the time-line of those trends. It seems they somehow simultaneously evolved.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,997
    I dunno Zen, I knew quite a few girls and women who had the tats over their but long before showing one's muffins off became trendy...

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •