Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by mkidd View Post
    I think I just saw that Seattle registration opens Tuesday 2/26.

http://www.timberlinetiming.com/inde...1&showBanner=1

I did Webster as a first timer last year and another local sprint tri. I'm doing webster again, and am thinking of doing Orlando with my family as well.

Has anyone done Orlando before? I have 3 kids 4, 6, 8 and I think they'd love to be doing the magic kingdom all say saturday while I'm doing check in! We've never been there and this seems to be a good a reason to go to Disney as any.
    I was under the impression that Orlando had already closed for 2008; but if it has, you can still have a chance to get in if you've never done a Danskin before. You might be able to buy an entry through REI or Nordstrom on one of their Women's Triathlon nights.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Tuesday, February 26th:

settin' my alarm for midnight. Checking again at 5:00 a.m. Having fits as I wait til 1:30 p.m. to check again. Then helpless until 6:30 p.m.

(me and a gazillion other women)

sigh.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I hate to sound low-tech, but they seem to honor mail entries if they are postmarked on the day the race opens. Maybe you should just mail the entry in? I know you risk having something go wrong, but it might be something to consider.

Orlando's closed but you canm stil get a spot through AT Children's Project. You are required to raise $2200 in spponsorships (your credit card will be charged if you don't), but it also includes 2 night's hotel at Disney's Cornonado.

I hate direct fundraising, but I don't think it would be hard to raise $2200 in my circle. I've been hit up quite a few times by friends doing the Komen Race, etc. I do want to look into it a bit more and see what percent of funds raised go directly to research, but at first glance they seem reputable.

http://www.communityatcp.org/NETCOMM...=807&srcid=807

----------------------
    Update: Well, the http://charityreports.bbb.org/public...CharityID=3679
    says they don't submit finncials and they are not listed on http://www.charitynavigator.org or www.CharityWatch.org so I'm not sure I want to do this.
    Last edited by mkidd; 02-22-2008 at 03:50 AM.

I'm all in.

I wonder if we have enough interest for custom shirts?

Quill
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton

QuillFRED! So nice to have you back.

Custom TE Danskin shirts? That would be cool.

PS Given Knot's experience last year (or was it Teigyr?), I think we should all be checkin' tomorrow as well as the next day...
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Thanks Salsa! It is great to be back.

Did I hear right? I-90? Aye-yi-yi.

I was hoping we could circle Seward Park until we finished or passed out dizzy. Do they block traffic at all anywhere? I'm getting sweaty fingertips here.

Le Q
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Quillfred View Post
    Thanks Salsa! It is great to be back.

Did I hear right? I-90? Aye-yi-yi.

I was hoping we could circle Seward Park until we finished or passed out dizzy. Do they block traffic at all anywhere? I'm getting sweaty fingertips here.

Le Q
    On I-90 there is a totally separated HOV lane and that is what the Danskin uses - It is closed during the tri - You WILL NOT be required to ride with traffic when on the highway. I'm even pretty sure that Lake Washington Blvd is closed to traffic that day too.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Oh, yeah, we OWN the roads that day! The whoopin' and hollerin' going thru the tunnel at Mercer Island was lovely to behold!

Sweaty fingertips That'd be me and bridges or heights.

Yes, I think we could have interest in custom shirts. Would be WAY cool!!!

I still keep checking. And checking. What's sad is that Google tells me how many times I've visited the site and it's kind of embarrassing.

I always wanted to do a tri, but just the mere thought of running makes my knee ache. Can I walk instead of run? That might be doable.

(This is me looking for some kind of motivation to be active. My failures at physical therapy have pretty much sapped away all of that.)

Dex, I am not a runner and plan to walk the 3 mile run.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Hrm...well, if I'm not going to be the only one walking...

I think I may have to try to get in on the registration madness, too.

Dex, I walked the entire thing in 2006. And I wasn't the only one walking.

This year I plan to walk most of it, and I'll be pleased if I can jog 1 mile of it.

Still not open, but you bet yer sweet bippy I'll be checking before Tuesday, in case they pull the ol' "open early and close the day it was s'posed to open" again. (that was last year)

I've been checking all day. Don't trust 'em one little bit

Dex, tons of people walk. I haven't done Danskin but I've done other tri's and there are walkers. I walk a LOT during the run portion, at least I did last year. Hopefully this year I'll be a bit better at the run, at least I better be