Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Waiting for Danskin Tri Registration

To disable ads, please log-in.

It's getting close to when Danskin might fling open the registration doors and the mad rush begins.

I'm trying to check the website every day, but if someone sees registration open, can you post an alert?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I have a friend who did it last year so she gets pre-notification. I'll sift through my e-mail when I get home tonight.

I want to register too! There's an all-female one in Federal Way (June) that I want to do...and the Subaru in Sept. Must start open water swimming when it's warm enough too. I can't wait

Got it! LOVE the cell phone e-mail thing.

"We anticipate Online Registration being available for the Races in 2008 on or about Feb 7, 2008. (Date is tentative, please check back periodically.)

All past participants with an e-mail address in our database will be notified prior to Registration opening.

Race is August 17."

So if anyone knows before I do, could you let me know? I missed out by a matter of hours last year.

I got in last year, but wasn't able to train because of switching jobs and a few other life events. So I didn't race.

Wonder if they'll email me?

I also want to do the one in June (is it the Five Mile Lake? I can't remember) and the Subaru.

Edit: Teigyr, is this the one you're looking at in June in Federal Way? http://www.buduracing.com/events_detail.php?e=229
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 01-23-2008 at 09:36 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Yes, Five Mile Lake. It's June 28 and I believe we can register now. I haven't...but I should. The Subaru, last I looked, didn't have a date yet but I think it's around 9/13 or 14. At least I hope so...I signed up for a 10K on the 7th. The 10K is Iron Girl at Greenlake, it might be fun! You should think about it.

The Danskin Registration page is up now, but it seems you can't register for races yet. Timberline isn't registering thru their website yet, either.

But it's getting closer...

http://www.danskin.com/entryinfo.html

Teigyr - I'll register for Five Mile Lake tri if you do.

Knot, ok Five Mile Lake looks like fun.

I've been scoping out the Danskin site. Unfortunately, I'm working quirky hours this week, am doing a few all-nighters down to Calif. I guess the good part is that I'll be home during the day. Am thinking that if it goes up, maybe I should have someone call or msg me? I'll be sleeping part of the day but I can wake up enough to register. I WANT to do this tri!!!

Oh, I heard the Lake Sammamish tri is fun too. It's put on by the same people who do Five Mile Lake. Am thinking of doing it but it's the week after Danskin. Decisions decisions

Ok, I signed up for Five Mile Lake! 400m swim. Let's do it!
    Last edited by teigyr; 02-05-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: p.s.

I haven't signed up for Five Mile Lake yet, but I will. I liiiiiike the idea of only 400m swim!

Danskin isn't up yet, but I will text your cell phone as soon as I see it come up. Their website has the link to Timberline now, so it's coming soon!

Then there's the Subaru.

I'm thinking if I do 3 sprint tris this year, that will make me content.
    (until NEXT year!)

Subaru is wonderful. I can't do it this year because I already signed up for the Iron Girl 10K on the same day. Subaru hadn't announced the date yet and the Iron Girl looked like sooo much fun (at Green Lake and looks like a great atmosphere!) so I registered. If you do Subaru, the bike course is great! The run course isn't that bad and the swim, well, I believe it's 700m. It wasn't too bad.

I think I come back in to WA at around 7am on thursday. I'll probably check Danskin before I head home, if I can. If not, I'll check it first thing when I get home I will leave my phone ON and beside the bed. Thank you!!!!

I'll be in San Francisco for most of next week, but I will be checking the Danskin website.

It's in two days, right? They're saying the 7th only I don't trust them. Last year it opened a day early and I missed it. So I THINK it's this week. I am poised with CC in hand.

When do you suppose it's ok to start swimming outside? My wetsuit is sleeveless so I'd rather it not be too cold.

I don't trust 'em, either. I'm ready to LEAP into action with my CC and my USAT cards.

May was when I started swimming in Lake Washington in my sleeveless wetsuit. Late May, maybe. We could swim together and screech about the cold in harmony!

I just had a talk with one of my bosses today about maybe doing Danskin...
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Train with us!!! It's such a fun race!

www.danskin.com/seattlemain.html

I've never done Danskin but I've heard great things about it.

Yes, do it!!! We could have the TE contingent representing It would be great to have people to train with, also.

Be sure to watch the registration because it sells out FAST, like in a day. The registration button is operational now...they are updating it quickly. It'll be tomorrow or the day after.
    Last edited by teigyr; 02-05-2008 at 08:45 PM.