Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks for finding that out, you da babe!

I guess I can stop checking every hour now, eh?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Weeks?

At least they responded to your email fairly quickly.. that is surprising. Way to go on the asking. I still don't like the answer, though!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

So I wonder if I also emailed them and asked politely about when they will register, would they add me to the notification list? Maybe I'll try, anyway. Ugh. It's hard to stop this insanity once started...

T., did you email Danskin or Timberline?

I feel like a totally nuts person about this.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I e-mailed Danskin. I am also impressed at how quickly they responded Salsa, go ahead and e-mail 'em also. They don't know you know me and besides, they DID open it a day earlier than scheduled last year. I think we've got a right to have a fighting chance to get in this thing.

Thanks Knot! I think, though, we should be just as obsessive. What if we let our guard down and they opened it EARLY?!

Jesvetmed, I do work kind of quirky hours sometimes. This spring (actually from tomorrow until late May or so) I'll be working days with a few exceptions. I know what it's like though. For the longest time all I wanted was a chance to socialize with people who have normal lives It'd be like "so, you're having a BBQ...could you maybe have it on a Wednesday or Thursday so I could go?!!" Do you do ER work? Regardless, I am sure we can all find times to train together sometimes. There's no doubt in my mind

Ahh... the night shift

Yep.. ER veterinarian. It's worth it though -- a week off a month all at once. And this is the second best week... 4 days in a row off. Almost none of it weekends, though! Yeah, haven't seen many of my friends in a long time! Funny how no one comes to the Wednesday night BBQ's!

I know I can find training time somewhere! So far it's working out.
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

fyi to all you TE triathletes: the Cascade Bicycle club's Bike Expo is scheduled for Sat/Sun, 3/8 and 3/9th and Sunday is being called 'special triathlon day', with presentations by Sally Edwards
    Training for the Bike, by Sally Edwards
    Sunday, March 9; 11:45

This 45 minute presentation is directed for all level of riders with a focus on women training to ride their best on the roads or in the races. Whether one is a first timer or seasoned cyclist, these are the tricks of the trade from a 30-year veteran, professional triathlete, and author. Learn about training, getting fitter and going further, and most of all, overcoming the barriers - speed or distance or fear - that hold you back.)

Sal is not only one of the founders of the sport of triathlon (and a Triathlon Hall of Fame inductee), but also, most of Sally's recent races have been performed in her role as the National Spokeswoman for the Danskin Triathlon Series. Sally has finished every Danskin Triathlon dead last, as the "Final Finisher," inspiring more than 200,000 other women to make it across the finish line in front of her.

There is also a presentation on swimming (10:30) and running (1:30), so it sounds like a great start for those of you planning your tri schedule...

Thanks, MM.

I emailed Danskin and just got an email back saying registration will open soon. They did not offer to add me to the email list SO I am still desperately dependent on Knot and/or Teigyr to call me on my cell phone if they see it open! Thanks, guys.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

thought

Since i'm awake when you kids are asleep..do you want me to check for you during your sleepy time? zzzzz...

Just a crazy thought..

CC, any help is appreciated Our obsession needs enabling.

For anyone that cares, it looks like they are updating the site. I haven't received anything yet but they've added some verbiage to the entry site and it looks kind of like they're gearing up for it. A bit. Not to get anyone excited or anything

Ack. Wish they'd get on with it!!!!!!!!!

gosh, and you guys were checking every 5 minutes on Saturday! you must have broken your keyboards/mice by now!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Can someone PM me when they open the registration? I'd like to do this one. So as I understand it, they should open it up within the next few weeks?

Any Seattle ladies have a recommendation where we can stay that's nearby? Hopefully near a good pub...
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
    Can someone PM me when they open the registration? I'd like to do this one. So as I understand it, they should open it up within the next few weeks?

Any Seattle ladies have a recommendation where we can stay that's nearby? Hopefully near a good pub...
    Definitely I/we can PM you or msg you if that's easier. Keep in mind it fills up quickly Would be great if you could do it!

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    gosh, and you guys were checking every 5 minutes on Saturday! you must have broken your keyboards/mice by now!
    <snort> No, we are STRATEGIC loonies and are preserving our equipment to ensure we can behave like complete nuts for as long as necessary...always assuming we'll ever be able to stop now that we're embarked...

thanks teigyr. I appreciate it. This will be my first year for triathlon. Either PM or text msg would be great. I have my PM's emailed to me. Since my job can be pretty crazy busy (I xrayed 12 pts in the first 90 min this morning), this helps a lot.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne