Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I know, I saw that too, and it made me NERVOUS. Arggh.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

There are plenty of sprint tris around. If you don't get into Danskin we'll find one for ya. Luna has a women's only in Portland. Very low key.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Thanks, Wahine! I like Portland, too. That would be fun.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

And there's the Five Mile Lake women's tri in Federal Way on June 28. (Teigyr already signed up for it, I intend to also)

And the Subaru women's tri in Kirkland in September.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I think I'll do the Lake Sammamish tri also. It's a week after Danskin, that is the only downfall. I heard good things about it and the running/cycling parts look very pleasant and easy. Re the Five Mile Lake one, the swim is 400m! It really gets no better for challenged swimmers such as myself.

Danskin though....now it's personal. Silly thing was supposed to open today? I worked an all-nighter last night and just got home. I work another one tonight. I must sleep at some point but dare I sleep thinking that registration might start? Orlando filled up so quickly. I'm stubborn and I don't want it to defeat me.

Luna looks good too. I saw that in some publication or another and thought it would be fun.

Oooh, If I don't get in the Danskin, I wanna do the Lake Sammamish, if it's women only.

Luna, I assume, is women only. When and where is it?

Do you have a link? (cuz I'm too damm lazy to go look for it, y'know!)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Luna

Is this it?

http://www.racecenter.com/allwomens/

Lake Sammamish is not women only but I heard good things about it:

http://www.buduracing.com/pdf/2008%2...i%20082308.pdf

The mixed gender one I was in wasn't brutal but it wasn't as polite as the women only one. My chain was actually knocked off my bike when I came back into transition from the swim Support was good though and besides the killer hills on the bike course (this was the Kirkland tri), I couldn't complain.

A friend of mine did Danskin last year and she promises to msg me the minute she hears that registration is open or if she hears about when it'll open. The Danskin site says anyone with an e-mail address on file will be notified (I submitted my e-mail address) but I figure I'll cover all bases.
    Last edited by teigyr; 02-07-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: another p.s. Am brain dead!

Yup that's the link for the Luna that I was talking about. I haven't done that tri but I've done Blue Lake which I think is on the same course. Very nice venue and flat.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Not Open Yet

6:50am on Friday the 8th... Registration not open yet.
    I do see you can register EITHER as age group, or as mixed group. What is everyone going to do for this choice?
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

I am going to register for age group unless peer pressure convinces me of otherwise. I'm not going to place (win or show) and it really doesn't matter. Are you going to do it? I'd far rather be in a wave with friends than strangers though be forewarned, my bike tends to be very lonely when I come out from the swim portion

Not sure I know anyone in my age group--I'm 54--so I figured I would register for mixed age.

I'm going to try and get registered. I was hoping by now it would be open. I'm just off work and on my way to the gym, so could completely miss it!? But if I can, I'll get in. I'm thinking that if I don't get registered for Danskin, I'll probably sign up for the Coeur d'alene tri the following weekend instead. It's an olympic I believe, but is supposed to be a beautiful route. Their website is not yet updated for 2008 though.

So, I'm 41 and will likely register age group. Anyone else fit there?
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

New to team estrogen...new goal of Danskin

Hi all,
    I've read through some of the threads and was sucked in.
    I have recently joined weight watchers...and just left a meeting...total weight loss now at 11.2 lbs....about 25-30 more to go. I needed something else to focus on besides lbs...so I've decided to register for the Danskin. (whenever it finally opens). It will be my first triathlon. I have done a few 5Ks...and one day (75miles) of the MS150 years ago. I've never been much of a swimmer though. I plan to take some swim lessons at my gym. I just hope that I'm not going to get too discouraged with the training... I willing to train hard..and know that it will be super rewarding.

So...here I am. I appreciate any insight that you might have

Geez...can they just open the registration??

Hi MelanieTris

Are you in WA? I think you picked a wonderful goal and it'll both help you with weight loss and in having fun. It also sounds like you have it pretty well planned out. My only bit of advice is to not wait until the last minute with the swimming My first tri was last year and I figured "oh, I can swim and it's only 1/2 mile...". HUGE mistake! Also, practice some open water swimming when the weather permits. While the run is only a 5k in a sprint tri, THAT is a whole other beastie also. There is a new and special pain that presents itself when you run in a tri. Do some practice "bricks" which is riding then immediately running after.

The Danskin and the Subaru, which is in Sept, are both very supportive. You will see people in all stages of shape. You just go in as prepared as you can be and remember to have fun! Many people are on older, heavy bikes and also many people walk the run portion.

Nice to meet you

Do they do any Danskin Tris in Canada?

I found a women's only one in Strathmore, Alberta in early August. The local tri I want to do is on August 17th so I'm not sure I want to do two a week apart... It would be nice to do a women's only tri though, and this one is held in a pool!
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast