Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dex - I love it. What a great logo. That would make the suit a tax write off too wouldn't it, since it's something identified with your work? It is really cool. I love the script and the simplicity of the image.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Dex is our secret Cool Factor weapon.

I am fried tonight but boy will I have questions, comments, and burbles soon on this thread.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

shirts

I am wondering what you guys think about the possibility of using one of Mimi's bike paintings in a shirt design for us. She's a real grown-up, and I know she can deal with it if you all say "no", so please don't be shy about commenting. It's just one idea among many...
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I second that notion!

Another tri question: do people wear aqua socks or ? or barefoot during the swim?

I'm still fretting about having a wet Brooks seat. It takes my mind of, er, "bigger issues" (gulp).

Quill
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton

Quill, I have a bunch of questions too. I was going to try to read a few basic articles on this site:

And then maybe ask if we could have lunch or coffee and ask some questions of Teigyr and Knot and anyone else here who's done a tri.

Sure that works.

I could ply them with a fresh blueberry scone, cupcake or--there's always liquor. That'll loosen their lips.

Quill - feeling very Martha Stewarty today
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton

And a little euphoric, too....

Oops, forgot to post the site---

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com

Hey Quill, don't worry about a wet Brooks unless you're planning on sitting on it non stop for about 24 hours!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Mimi, you should post that 24-four wet Brooks pic again for Quill's benefit. OW.

My Brooks survived the Danskin just fine.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

here's the saddle next to my honey colored one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honeybrooks.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	5478  
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    Quill, I have a bunch of questions too. I was going to try to read a few basic articles on this site:

And then maybe ask if we could have lunch or coffee and ask some questions of Teigyr and Knot and anyone else here who's done a tri.
    Remember that Sally Edwards will be at Bike Expo next week too, in case any of you are planning to attend already. I think that her presentations are on Sunday only, but, as she's the Danskin national spokesperson and has done every one of the Danskin triathlons each year, so she has a ton of information, strategy, prep and race day tips to share, so it might be a good opportunity to get some questions answered well before they are holding any first-timer triathlon expo's or training seminars.

I'm not a triathlete but I've volunteered to help at Danskin other years (can't this year, as I'll be doing the AIDS ride in NY then) and I know Sally personally - have heard her motivating and informational presentations previously and I do want to support my wonderful TE friends who are planning to participate!

MM, you're a doll. I am planning to go hear Sally Edwards on Sunday. Will go to the preceding swim talk too, I think, but will skip the run session since I plan to walk that.

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    MM, you're a doll. I am planning to go hear Sally Edwards on Sunday. Will go to the preceding swim talk too, I think, but will skip the run session since I plan to walk that.
    I'm working the Cascade event regis booth on Saturday, so I'm planning to wander around to enjoy the show myself on Sunday...I'll watch for you - paying rapt attention at the tri presentation, I'm sure!