Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Core training?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I'm trying to picture when you say the knee tuck, 'cause this is how I do my push ups too.

V.

Best done with your feet on the ball and hands on a surface at about the same height as the ball. As you puh-up, roll the ball towards your hands by bringing your knees towards your belly/chest. Your bum will come up a bit, try to keep your shins parallel to the floor. Phew, I'm tired describing it.

I'll also second crossfit. Awesome workouts, encorporating core with your strengthening exercises. Each workout is meant to be done in 20 min. If you want to go so hard that you puke that is.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Now I see it. I do my pushups with my hands on the floor, ankles on the ball.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    Again?

I was thumbing through a Shape or Fitness magazine while waiting for a script and came across a workout with a woman dressed like Jane Fonda. The model was demonstrating stuff we used to do when I belonged to the Richard Simmons Studio !
    Oooh, big hair aerobics videos... shiny lycra thongs...

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Now I see it. I do my pushups with my hands on the floor, ankles on the ball.

V.
    You can do it from that position too. It's actually easier on the abs but harder on the arms. Then when you get even better, you add a twist in each direction when you're in the tucked position.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I'll add that in maybe when I can do three sets of twenty. I'm up to 16. It's amazing what happens when you're consistent.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    I'll also second crossfit. Awesome workouts, encorporating core with your strengthening exercises. Each workout is meant to be done in 20 min. If you want to go so hard that you puke that is.
    Yep- I used to eat a snack an hour or so before I did my strength training, but not now! (unless it's one of the heavy days where I'm just doing heavy single reps) My arms feel like they're going to fall off at the shoulder right now from yesterday's workout

I'm going to try keeping up with crossfit 5 days a week until race season starts. I think it will help me with pain tolerance and conditioning!

Sorry for the hijack... I guess the take home message is that crossfit is good core training if you like doing full-body workouts that will make your core stronger rather than just targeting the muscles directly
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog