Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Vincent, Alabama

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am planning a 3-day vacation at a B&B in Vincent, Alabama and would like to take some day rides-(25 to 40 miles) around there on quiet roads. Any suggestions? Thanks.

You might try contacting any of these shops

I also stumbled over the interesting tidbit that Vincent, Alabama has a 170 percent higher tornado average than anywhere else in the U.S.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Thanks. I will. I did contack cahaba and they were nice but said they didn't ride that far away from Birmingham.

Hopefully I won't be swept up in a funnel cloud!

Check out the Sylcauga Bike Club. Their website is below:

http://www.cogs.ws/

I live in Montgomery. Some words of caution: there are very few stores in rural Alabama. Most of them are closed on Sundays. I always carry a map and extra water when riding with a new group or alone in the country. I got dropped on a ride once and was lost in the 100 degree heat and had no idea where any stores were.

Laura
    Laura

i will check them out and behoove your advice. We are staying at the Blue Springs Manor Inn and I think they will even pack us a picnic lunch! Keep your fingers crossed, I really want to do a little riding. kay

The Birmingham Bike Club has several maps for rides around Vincent. This is a link to their website: http://bhambikeclub.org/. Just click on the "Maps" icon and look for the Westover maps.

Happy Riding!

thanks ever so much. This will help a lot ...we will pedal a bit, eat a bit, hopefully laugh a lot and enjoy. kay